Late New Years post

Curt Davis

TVWBB Super Fan
For new years i wanted to do some chicken leg quarters on my new Crimson OTG. Lets fire up the grill.

The chicken was placed on the grate with a little peach wood for flavor. I used some Cowtown BBQ sauce I got for Christmas toward the end of the cook(Note: I love that BBQ sauce and must order more). Note the smoke coming nicely out of the top vent. My old grill would have it coming from everywhere.

Now for the plated pics with some beans, taters, and homemade buttermilk cornbread. I was a little surprised it took about 1.5 hours at 350. THere were 8 large pieces on the grill. Does this time seem normal?

I haven't done large quarters so can't chime in on the cook time, but doesn't seem too far off. Plate of food looks great!!!

Great looking food and new toy. I don't think the time is abnormal. I find stuff is always done when it gets done if you know what I mean.

It takes me about 1.5 hours also. I don't know the temp I'm running but is normal for us.

Happy new year and plated pic looks good.

Thanks for the comments. Jim the snow is up north where it belongs although we are going below freezing the next few days

Back