Las Vegas BBQ

Originally posted by JimT:
The wife and I have been pretty happy with Tony Roma's in the Fremont Hotel (downtown.) Don't know how truly "authentic" they are, but we like the food!
Having managed a Tony Roma's, I can attest that it is not real BBQ. Oven cooked with liquid smoke and then finished on the grill.

Like you, however, I always liked their baby backs.

The restaurant I ran was one of (only?) the outlaw franchises. It closed about 17 years ago. I dined in another in Florida about a decade ago. That was the last time I had their ribs.

We ate at Red Square at Madalay Bay (I think) last fall at one of those $2000 corporate schmooze type dinners . It was terrible! Don't get me wrong, the vodka selection was INCREDIBLE111 I took full advantage. But when I asked for borscht, and they didn't offer it? They did have "Russian Nachos" on the menu though!Come on, most folks going into a Russian Restaraunt know four things: Vodka, Caviar, Borschst , and Stroganoff. Well, no borscht sucked, but not half as bad as the $40 plate of stroganoff with twisty pasta, peas, any tiny little pieces of , what was probably round steak. Come on, I want big chunks of beef and homemade flat noodles. The sauce was good, but this nuevo Rusian cuisine SUCKED!!Luckily, we were all hammered on vodka..
At the end, they try and con you into going into their freezer room, donning fur coats, and drink super cold, super premium vodka from the head of a phoney statue of Lenin. Fun place, but way too expensive for the quality and authenticity of the food!If I am in Vegas, by myself, I am eating alot at IN-N-OUT Burger on Tropicana and DEan Martin Blvd! I used to love Commander's Palace at The Sahara, but they closed it. I've eaten alot of meals in Vegas, but can remember very few of them......I remember alot of them in Chicago though.....

I will second the In n Out
icon_smile.gif

Hi Jim,

The prices are pretty good. If I remember right a full rack of ribs were about $17-20 dollars. as far as a cab ride from the strip. I would say that would be about $10. I've been there several times and everytime has been good!

Best regards,

Larry B

Back