Labor Day Weekend, Who's Smokin?

did spares yesterday.picking up a ribeye roast today for some monster steaks for the first football saturday. gonna try pizza for the first time on sunday. wifes gonna see what looks good for monday. hoping a chuck roll or a couple of butts

I have two cov USDA choice briskets going to put on Sunday for an overnighter on the 22".

Probably put a couple of racks of loin back ($2.99/lb) ribs on a kettle Monday

Today, Saturday, I've got to come up with something for the LSU/UW game tonight. 9:36PM start local time ain't gonna be easy. MUST PACE MYSELF

I will be doing a couple chickens today(not sure how yet) and a 12lb. brisket tonight for lunch tomorrow for a few friends and family.
The wife wants steak on Monday on the OTS.

I've got 2 boneless butts from Costco(13 lbs) Rubbed and injected per Chris Lily's championship recipe. I'll put them on the WSM tonight when we get back from a friends BBQ.

Lookig forwrd to this as this will be the first time injecting my butts!

Tom

Grilled up a couple POCB's last night .. Finely diced (almost to a paste) jalapeno slices under the cheese, whole slice of onion under the burgers and topped with spicy brown Gulden's mustard. Prolly the ugliest burgers I've ever made but they were goooood!

Bill

img2009090405430ae.jpg

Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Grilled up a couple POCB's last night .. Finely diced (almost to a paste) jalapeno slices under the cheese, whole slice of onion under the burgers and topped with spicy brown Gulden's mustard. Prolly the ugliest burgers I've ever made but they were goooood!

Bill

img2009090405430ae.jpg

What's ugly about those burgers?? I like the japs under the cheese and the onion under the burger! Especially the next day, nuked!!! Where's the lettuce, tomato and pickles??

I bought an 8 1/2 lb. pork loin that I'll inject with melted butter, garlic powder and ginger this afternoon. Tomorrow, I'll put a rub on it and then smoke it Monday.

Boston butts overnight, bacon explosion, bratwurst stuffed pork loin, spare ribs and ABTs tomorrow, brisket overnight tomorrow night. Now, where to put it all when I'm done?? Oh well, that'll be the Mrs.' problem I guess
icon_biggrin.gif

Going with 6 pork butts for our church picnic. Doing a South Mex theme.

Half of the pork is going to be served on buns with 3 sauces, cherry chipotle bbq, sweet grape bbq and carolina vinegar sauce.

The other half, going mexican flare. Made a tomatillos sauce with jalepenos and poblano peppers. Serving them on grilled corn tortillas with Queso Fresco cheese and pico de gallo.

We thought we needed to mix it up this year vs the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs.

Got the butts smoking as of 9pm tonight and I should be ready for the 1pm kick-off...fun stuff!

Got a a 6.5 lb flat going in the smoker Sunday morning. Using this rub.

* 4 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons kosher salt
* 2 teaspoons black pepper
* 4 teaspoons paprika
* 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
* 1 teaspoon oregano leaves (dried)
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon granulated garlic

High heat flat going on in a couple of hours. Thought I finally found a place for packers in CT, but still no luck. Oh well. Should still be great w/ Texas BBQ rub over oak.

I'm going for a HH packer with 2 slabs of spares. I've got chicken apple brats and veggie brats for the poor folks who don't believe in the food chain. I'm making some cornbread, broccoli slaw (friend of a friend of a friends), black beans w/rice, and striped pesto dip.

Good Eats!!

Back