Kirkland Signature Charcoal Briquettes

So this Kirkland Pro is not (as I had guessed) private labeled Kingsford Pro (pictures below).

I'm a fan of the Kingsford Pro -- hot burn, low ash. Might have to do a side by side test to see which one I like better.

Attachments

• kpro briq.jpg
    kpro briq.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 7
  • kpro briq 2.jpg
    kpro briq 2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7
Steak cook went just fine, the Kirkland charcoal seems pretty good. I’ll run a butt soon and see how it does for L&S.
If it does well, yes, I’ll buy dbl 20’s for $18.00 over dbl 18’s for $24! In many ways I’ve become less brand driven, I really done care that much. Age is frustrating, learning never stops but, sometimes the application of that knowledge seems like it’s coming later than I’d have liked!

This was posted on another forum:

"I tried the Kirkland brand briquettes and was very disappointed. It burned fast, was not that hot and produced a ton of ash. I was surprised at the performance especially since I like the Kirkland pellets."

Steak cook went just fine, the Kirkland charcoal seems pretty good. I’ll run a butt soon and see how it does for L&S.
If it does well, yes, I’ll buy dbl 20’s for $18.00 over dbl 18’s for $24! In many ways I’ve become less brand driven, I really done care that much. Age is frustrating, learning never stops but, sometimes the application of that knowledge seems like it’s coming later than I’d have liked!
Let us know how it does for L&S as I'm planning on doing a butt in the WSM soon as well.

This was posted on another forum:

"I tried the Kirkland brand briquettes and was very disappointed. It burned fast, was not that hot and produced a ton of ash. I was surprised at the performance especially since I like the Kirkland pellets."
What other forum? I love it here, but always looking for more forums to visit!

What other forum? I love it here, but always looking for more forums to visit!

Two cooks in and I’m. It finding any significant ash difference, the briquettes are larger so, naturally there will be “some” increase but, as I said, I’m not seeing a huge difference. After smoking a butt I will know more.

Back