Kirkland Signature Charcoal Briquettes

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I saw this in my local Costco today. It's priced at $18.99 for 2X20lb twins. Not bad as it's $4 less than the 2X18lb twin packs of K-Pro. Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

I've never seen it there before so I know nothing about it. Is it re-branded KBB, Royal Oak, or something else?

Thanks.

Sounds like it may be a regional thing? I may pick up a pack of this to try out when the K-Pro goes on sale during Memorial Day Weekend (assuming it does).

Just picked some up and really like them. My usual charcoal was K Pro and B&B Hickory lump. I find the Kirkland briquettes smoke less than KPro during startup. They leave a real nice flavor, and burn nice and hot. They leave a decent amount amount of ash, but I can still use them for a second cook later. Overall, I really like them and bought two more packs.

Haven’t seen that here in Canada yet either. Costco did start recently carrying bags of lump charcoal from a company called “Extra”, imported from Montreal, QC.

Just picked some up and really like them. My usual charcoal was K Pro and B&B Hickory lump. I find the Kirkland briquettes smoke less than KPro during startup. They leave a real nice flavor, and burn nice and hot. They leave a decent amount amount of ash, but I can still use them for a second cook later. Overall, I really like them and bought two more packs.
Hey Jeff, in which store did you find it?

I also bought the twin pack of Kirkland Signature Charcoal Briquettes but have not tried them yet. I am Jeff gave them a good review.

The store where I saw them on Fri is in Central Point, OR. So the distribution may very well be a regional thing. I'm going back there next Fri, so will pick up a couple packs....

Makes me want to open the " new " bag of Weber's new briquettes.......
Images on the outside and noted in another post here a bit ago would dictate it appear to look similar to the briquette in the middle ^^^^^
Weber's briquette is for $25 per 20 lb bag......not a good price per pound in comparison to the Kirkland pricing.

Last edited:
Yes it does. That's not necessarily a bad thing BTW. I like the RO Classic Briquettes and that's all I use in the WSM. I picked up a twin pack today, so will try them out in the Performer tomorrow. If nothing else, they'll be fine for smoking in the WSM.

Back