Kingsford Professional

Bill W San Diego

TVWBB Super Fan
I was at Costco today and they had Kingsford Professional Charcoal for $19.99 for 2 bags 18 plus lbs per bag. Last summer the same 2 bags of Kingsford Comp Charcoal was going for $15.49. Same Charcoal different price. Hopefully the price will come down to a reasonable amount. I like the Comp/Pro Charcoal better than the Kingsford Blue especially for hot and fast cooks. Good cooking all.

Bill

Yesterday I saw 2-paks of Kingsford Competition at Costco in San Jose also for $19.99. Costco usually offers a ~$3 off in-store coupon a couple of times each season which brings the price down.

IMG_66631_zpse9n2n8m3.jpg

I've only seen them in home depot for about 10 for an 11 lb bag. I do wanna try them bUT that's almost twice KBB price. I'd definitely pick some up at that price.

Yesterday I saw 2-paks of Kingsford Competition at Costco in San Jose also for $19.99. Costco usually offers a ~$3 off in-store coupon a couple of times each season which brings the price down.

IMG_66631_zpse9n2n8m3.jpg

Well you're in luck. Costco is offering a $4.30 off in-store coupon next month. The coupon starts on March 3rd and goes through the 28th.

Well you're in luck. Costco is offering a $4.30 off in-store coupon next month. The coupon starts on March 3rd and goes through the 28th.
Saw the coupon in the March mailer today. Interesting that the Costco packaging says "Professional" in large print and "Competition Briquets" in smaller print below, and still uses the rust- and blue-colored bags. Looks like a transitional marketing strategy to me...I bet "competition" and rust color will be gone at Costco next year.

So this takes it down to $15.69 for 36 lbs or $0.4358 per pound.

Back