Keftedes, Green house stuff and a black ride

Geir Widar

TVWBB Wizard
OK, so I admit it. I might be more inspired by Mr. Lampe’s thread
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?43822-Pork-Brats-Chuckies-amp-Chevrolet than I should. But it’s only food, and black things with wheels on, so here we go.

I enjoyed a short vacation in Greece this summer, and I wanted to copy a cook from one of my meals there. I've eaten this dish many times during earlier stays, but, I've never made it myself. I ended up with a twist, as usual. Here it goes.
Ground meat, lots of basil from the green house, even more garlic, dried oregano, salt and finally pepper. I let the spices and the ground meat have a spin to make the meat sticky, and made these, Keftedes.

DSC_0915_zpsc7fd8963.jpg

It varies a bit how they serve these meat balls in Greece, and also if they mix pork, beef and sheep meat. They are usually eaten with rice, a dash of thick tomato sauce and mashed potatoes, and not much salad at all. They usually eat the salad as a starter.
I assure you, the smell made me hungry.

I found a few things in my green house, something I have been waiting for to taste:

DSC_0914_zpsa1cab302.jpg

Brushed with olive oil, salted and peppered:

DSC_0918_zps9925cb93.jpg

And plated. I added some homemade tomato sauce, and that was it.

DSC_0920_zps39c8f3bb.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Oh, wait, I forgot my new shiny black ride! Here it is:

DSC_0921_zps07a2146c.jpg

It’s my new electric bike. It works like a charm, costs almost nothing to use, does not emit anything else than a bit of sweat, and I am finally using a bicycle again. I’m happy as a chimp.

Last edited:
Great looking cook. Geir I cannot see where the electric motor is located. Oh is see it is the long cylinder beneath the seat. Does it use a cog gear to drive it?

The cylinder is the battery. The motor is located on the back wheel, center. This is a EU motor, so it's only 250 watts, and very small. Runs for over 30 miles on one charge, speed about 15 miles per hour.

Last edited:
Great looking cook and new toy Geir! Did you miss the plated pic?? Says plated, but
looks like they are still on the grill. ;)

You are right. Fixed, plated picture included. :)

I usually manage to wait until I move the food to a plate.

Very nice cook and I like the new ride!!! I just picked up a new bicycle myself. I haven't owned one in almost 20 years.

I have a short list of folks I would like to (dream to) have dinner with.
Sir Geir, you are on that list.

Excellent cook Geir! I too like the kebabs and reminisce about those wonderful grilled treats I enjoyed in Turkey - yours look fantastic! I like your bike too; the motor sure makes the hills a lot easier.

Geir...those meatballs look so good, I'd be eating them one by one as they came off the grill. If I were there, the plated photo would end up being only greens and rice.

That looks good Geir
I'm a bit jealous of your greenhouse products. Small zucchini with flowers are not easy to find, but so nice. Nice plate, bike looks good

Back