kamado charcoal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a pallet and split it with a couple of guys here in MI. It does burn hot, but you can control it so that's not a problem. What it does best is burn LOOOONNNNGGGGG!!!! I think you could get 24 hours out of a box (maybe more). A box fills the ring.

Word of warning. This company does not have it together. To get my pallet, I had to make several phone calls (most not answered - left v-mails), several e-mails (none answered). They did charge my credit card right away (imagine that). When I finally did get hold of someone, they did apologize and I did get the shipment a few days after that. It's good stuff. If I could get it at 7 or 8 dollars a box like it is now on sale and I didn't have to pay shipping, I'd get a lot of it. Since I did have to pay so much for it, I'm just using it on the overnighters.

Maybe this is out of the ordinary but when I did a cook last weekend w/ Kingsford I got a 21hr burn(6pm-3pm). Typically a long cook is going to be 18-20 hrs at most so at $7-$8/bag it still sounds to much for me. Kingsford is half that for a 20lb bag.

Just my opinion, The coal your talking about does sound good and less ash product is nice but, to its credit, the WSM can hold a large amount of ash. One thing is for sure, there is no right answer and I always look forward to hearing someone elses new idea!!

I want to use it in the kettle to char some delmonicos and portabellas. Curious if there
is a taste difference verses kingsford. Charcoal made frome coconuts. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gifJust sounds yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back