Just joined the Performer club

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lantern

TVWBB Member
Posted this in trading post to brag, but had to give a post a permanent home too. Picked up my first performer tonight. Grey one, needs a little TLC (some rust on the grates, missing thermometer, charcoal baskets in rough shape) but lid, bowl and frame in excellent shape. Came with a full bag of K and some tools. She was asking $30 or FREE after noon time tomorrow, had to be picked up by 6pm tomorrow night. I'd rather pay and know that its mine, so I called and offered $20 to take it home tonight. Deal! I had to take it apart to get it in the car (these puppies are a lot bigger than I would have thought!) but here's the link to the ad, if anybody wants to take a look. I'll try to get pics up eventually, once I reassemble it.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/app/2772361100.html

Sounds like you got a great deal John. Can you post some pics? The posting has been deleted.

greyperformer.jpg

greyperformer2.jpg

These should be the pics that I copied from the ad. When I get it cleaned up, I'll take some new ones and post up, but I had to disassemble it to fit it in the car, and it is frosty outside right now.

I got a gray one off craigslist too. Mine's an '06 and cost me $50. Welcome to the club.

That's beautiful in gray. I got my first performer this year (a redhead) and my first kettle since I was a 22 year old newlywed.

It is an awesome grill. I use mine 1-3 times a week. I thought I'd be done with the season by now (I live in central Illinois) but can't stay away.

I did a rack of baby backs last night on the Performer. They were **awesome**.
icon_smile.gif

Embarrassed to say that it took me this long to reassemble it and clean it up, but I've got it together (lost one washer, had two small pieces that I don't know what they do leftover). I found one very small ding on the edge of the lid and a few minor scratches (not through the enamel) from using the slide aside. The cooking grate is worse than I thought and the charcoal baskets are junk, but gas assist performer, $20! The one tough system worked great once I scraped off a bunch of the caked on ashes holding it in place, and the blades look in great shape. I haven't tested it to see if the gas assist works, but I've had good luck getting them to work in gassers so I'll find out if it does or if I can get it going.

I only wish I'd put it together sooner-I could have had a ss redhead performer (which is what I really want) for $50/bo (probably could have gotten for $40) but turned it down because I stupidly thought the lower bowl had been replaced because it had a spot for the legs. Oh well-it also had a half dollar sized ding on the lid-I guess I'll have to keep looking.
20120708_143902.jpg
jkolantern

Josh I am super upset with your deal 20 bucs is highway robbery, and you got it in a cool color also. Congrats on a great grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back