It's 9:00, Do You Know Where Yor Butts Are? (w/pix)

RD, I've got to tell you that your fattie inspired me today. I've been sicker than a damn dog all week, still am, but looking at these pictures inspired me to get out of the house today and buy the fixins to make a similar one tomorrow for the games. Same stuffing with the exception of provolone cheese and I'll be using a caramelized onion and roasted pepper sausage I buy. If mine turns out 1/2 as good as yours looks I'll be very happy. Now if I can just kick this f'ing cold . . .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
RD, I've got to tell you that your fattie inspired me today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I missed this. Thanks.

So, how did your fatty turn out?

Man RD, one of the best I've done. Ended-up using some kind of a colby type of a cheese vs. provolone. Still fighting this stupid cold.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
The Renowned Mr. Brown came off after 16.5 hours.

3189079912_1776e8cc80.jpg

The Jamaican Jerk went 75 minutes more. Why it took more time for less mass, I do not know.

3189084160_be13f23e1b.jpg

I had some fuel a while ago so it seemed like I should use it. I put together this fatty.

3188239415_0ec19f72eb.jpg

3189087758_f57e7ca132.jpg

It's been a fun day. Eagles are up by nine in the 4th!
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RD,
Over time you will notice that some butts just don’t cook /finish like you may think they will. What you had happen was , a butt with more fat or moisture will cook/come up to temp faster than a leaner /dryer butt of a lesser weight . Awesome job man , that fatty is a work of art man , mouth watering photo! Thanks for posting it !

Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
Man RD, one of the best I've done. Ended-up using some kind of a colby type of a cheese vs. provolone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That looks delicious, Larry.

Back