Issues Stoker Connecting to Wireless Extender

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Note, tried changing the Subject of this post but couldn't, it's really not a Stoker issue, it's a wireless issue.

Need some help from you networking guys out there. In my new place I had to install a wireless extender to get Internet to the other side of my home and patio. For the life of me I cannot get my wireless bridge to connect to the wireless extender. Is this something that can be done? I've tried two wireless bridges. Note, I have the older Stoker with no built in Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
What is the make and model of the bridge and extender? Are other devices able to connect to the extender?

If it were me, I'd run a wire and have multiple access points. There is some pretty nice PoE access points now.

Hi Gary, the wireless bridge/adapter is a NETGEAR WNCE2001. The wireless extender is a Netgear Universal WN3000RP Wi-Fi Range Extender. I have sucussfully connected MANY devices to the extender so I know it's working properly. I've also connected the bridge/adapter to my main wireless router. Just can't get the bridge/adapter and extender to talk to each other. Leads me to believe they weren't designed to speak to each other. Thanks in advance!

Back