Is the varscona pot dead?

Thanks for the heads up Robert. I ordered one of the imusa pots from Target and got free shipping. I look forward to starting the build once it arrives.

Follow-up

The Target pot doesn't fit. My pot came today and I ran to Lowes to get a Joe and it's not a set and forget. I guess I'll have to crimp it....as much as I hate to.

A little crimping of the top lip is necessary but not much.

Didn't think it was that big of deal especially with being a good price and free shipping.

You can also return to store if not happy with your purchase.

I always tape some vise grips up really well so the crimp is consistent and no teeth marks.

A little crimping of the top lip is necessary but not much.

Didn't think it was that big of deal especially with being a good price and free shipping.

You can also return to store if not happy with your purchase.

I always tape some vise grips up really well so the crimp is consistent and no teeth marks.

Towel or such material on the lip works too.

Hey man, I crimped it and it works/looks great. When I first got it I was thinking "crap" but it's all good now...

I've never been afraid to tear an engine down or fix things but for some reason I've been getting lazy- I guess time is more valuable than it used to be. ;)

Follow-up

The Target pot doesn't fit. My pot came today and I ran to Lowes to get a Joe and it's not a set and forget. I guess I'll have to crimp it....as much as I hate to.

Yea pretty well known the Imusa Pot is not a fit without some work. I bought an outdoor gourmet pot from academy for $40 and it fit perfect... Plus its a little taller then most steamers

Tommy
Which model outdoor gourmet was it? I see they have several models and just list the capacity not diameters

Back