Is my PI kaput

Larry Naylor

TVWBB Member
Still trying to get my HM back up in running. I posed before about a IP problem but now i think it's a little deeper problem. Decided to go back to square one and start over. So I pulled the sd card out reformatted it went to HM web site and down loaded latest up date and still no go, formatted card again then loaded the last version that worked ,I had on computer. I noticed that the green light on the PI was flashing instead of being solid so I'm starting to suspect the PI may have given up the ghost. Does this sound right to everyone ? I am NOT computer savvy. Now if computer had tubes in them I could work on them! Also what is the latest PI zero that is 5g and will fit in the case.

OK replaced PI zero 1w the problem now is I get a net work 192.168.68.57 when I go to the HM devices site it shows up but with an error, on my tablet it says site cant be reached. Did a reset config on HM now I'm network address of 192.168.201.1 which i think is my router. Any ideas?

Great big update this all started after I got a new router, and despite the specs on the PI zero it is not compatible with a 5g router( stumbled on this by accident on the internet) . When I set up the new router the 2.4 and the 5g were given the same name and pass words. What i had to do was give them different names so the HM would connect to the 2.4 g router. The problem i was having with the error message was do to a brain fart on my part. I had forgotten that the HM and the laptop had to be on the same network, so once I moved the laptop to 2.4 from 5, Houston we no longer have a problem here. So I'm happy I figured out by my self. Guess this gray haired guy can do some computer stuff. ( Wish the computers had tubes in them), them I know. No smoke and mirrors, just light and heat. Now if I can figure out how to add a short cut on my cells home page to take me to the HM like my tablet does Cant remember how I did it another gray hair moment. Well It's after 5 so makers mark time.

Back