Introducing the newest member of the family

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
In my current lineup I own 5 Weber’s, all coal burners & they are not going anywhere soon. I am now going down a different rabbit hole, no not a pellet, nor a gasser. Back to the basics, old school, wood baby, wood, my first “Stick Burner!”

IMG_5916.jpg

I found this used Lone Star Grillz offset which utilizes their cross-flow technology which eliminates the need for any tuning plates. This is one of the smaller LSG smokers in their line at 1,395 sq. in. of cooking space, and it will provide copious amounts real estate for my smoking needs.

IMG_5923.jpg

Weighing in at close to 500lbs, she is a beast!

IMG_5929.jpg

Looking forward to your cooks on this. That’s some serious steel there. Nothing tastes as good as real fire. Enjoy!

Nice score. I want an LSG real bad, but their prices have absolutely skyrocketed. Should have dropped $1600 a couple years ago, think same unit now is over 3

Nice score. I want an LSG real bad, but their prices have absolutely skyrocketed. Should have dropped $1600 a couple years ago, think same unit now is over 3
Yeah I agree, I like there platform, lots of available options.

I took procession of my new/used offset last weekend & was no easy feat by itself as it took three of us to navigate it down a severely sloped yard to its new home. After a clean-up yesterday & drilling out a port probe hole I fast-forward too today. The menu, Prime grade Dino beef ribs, seasoned with Meat Church Holy Cow along with some Texas Twinkies, (ABT with Boudin sausage & cheese) along with some Earl Campbell sausage & a baked potato. Smoked with cherry wood, it was a labor of love, seven hours but well worth it in the end.IMG_5940.jpgIMG_5941.jpg

Welcome to the family!
Congrats Eric, that's some serious big iron.

You're off to a flying start with that first meal - it
looks delicious!

Serious grill for a Serious plate of food, nicely done, that plate shot shows off your deep color and smoke ring in yhe ribs. And the sausages nice even color, keep these cooks coming, I want to see and learn more.

In my current lineup I own 5 Weber’s, all coal burners & they are not going anywhere soon. I am now going down a different rabbit hole, no not a pellet, nor a gasser. Back to the basics, old school, wood baby, wood, my first “Stick Burner!”

View attachment 87243

I found this used Lone Star Grillz offset which utilizes their cross-flow technology which eliminates the need for any tuning plates. This is one of the smaller LSG smokers in their line at 1,395 sq. in. of cooking space, and it will provide copious amounts real estate for my smoking needs.

View attachment 87244

Weighing in at close to 500lbs, she is a beast!

View attachment 87245
I like that model. I have thought to myself that If I ever went the offset smoker route, that would be the one I would buy.

Is that the 36" or the 42"? Did it come with any of the LSG upgrades for that model?

I like that model. I have thought to myself that If I ever went the offset smoker route, that would be the one I would buy.

Is that the 36" or the 42"? Did it come with any of the LSG upgrades for that model?
It is the 20” x 36” model, it came with the following upgrades:

Sunbrella fabric cover

Firebox Ash Pan

Grill pan with grate

Griddle plate over the firebox

Pull Handle

Brass ball valve drain

I have installed a probe port & I added their fire management basket, highly recommended. I also have an order in to them for a set of 8” wheel Swivel & lock.

It is the 20” x 36” model, it came with the following upgrades:

Sunbrella fabric cover

Firebox Ash Pan

Grill pan with grate

Griddle plate over the firebox

Pull Handle

Brass ball valve drain

I have installed a probe port & I added their fire management basket, highly recommended. I also have an order in to them for a set of 8” wheel Swivel & lock.
The ones that came with it along with the ones you are purchasing, seem to me to be the most valuable. It looks like you really got yourself a nice set up at a great price! Congratulations!

Back