In need of a Summit gas grill valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me here guys but I have to ask. There are three generations of the summit isn’t there?

Generation 1
Summit First Generation 6-burner.jpg

Generation 2

Summit Gold Like New Hood Down.jpg

3rd Generation (Current version)

Summit $250.jpg

There were some minor variation within each version over teh years, and all three were available in 4 and 6 burners models.

I believe so on the 2nd generation. The 1st came in black but also blue and maroon for sure - maybe one or two others. I don’t know. Toward the end they offered a stainless hood on the generation 1 Summits. The 3rd generation ones - at least for many years - are stainless or black. They look way better in black in my opinion.

I saw them in stores here. Never understood the reasoning behind it as opposed to simply grilling lid up.

I saw them in stores here. Never understood the reasoning behind it as opposed to simply grilling lid up.
I have seen a few for sale at odd times and places, so I think they were sold here, just not popular. In Australia they were very popular, and one of our friends from Down Under made it sound like it was not all that difficult to find an old one for sale there.

Larry, I agree that the flat-top is mostly a hoodless 1st generation Summit, yet it is like you said "kinda cool." It is just so unique. I would love to have one! :coolkettle: Put a griddle on it and you have a Blackstone almost 30 years ahead of its time.

Australians, until recent years, never understood the need for a BBQ to have a lid.
I understand the flat-tops were sold in the USA for a time.
Vieluxe, sadly, I think, were not sold in Australia.

Last edited:
I have seen a few for sale at odd times and places, so I think they were sold here, just not popular. In Australia they were very popular, and one of our friends from Down Under made it sound like it was not all that difficult to find an old one for sale there.

Larry, I agree that the flat-top is mostly a hoodless 1st generation Summit, yet it is like you said "kinda cool." It is just so unique. I would love to have one! :coolkettle: Put a griddle on it and you have a Blackstone almost 30 years ahead of its time.
What year did these come out? Blackstone has been around since 2005

Australians, until recent years, never understood the need for a BBQ to have a lid.
I understand the flat-tops were sold in the USA for a time.
Vieluxe, sadly, I think, were not sold in Australia.
I really want to know how many Vieluxe they made.

The Weber flat top predates the Blackstone. As for how many Vieluxe Have to venture VERY VERY few.

The Weber flat top predates the Blackstone. As for how many Vieluxe Have to venture VERY VERY few.

No doubt, but what year were they out? Not 1975😂… 98? 2000?

Like 50 Vieluxe? Less? I wonder if Weber knows.
Have you guys noticed two different styles of Vieluxe? The badging and knob bezels changed at some point.

No doubt, but what year were they out? Not 1975😂… 98? 2000?

Like 50 Vieluxe? Less? I wonder if Weber knows.
Have you guys noticed two different styles of Vieluxe? The badging and knob bezels changed at some point.
Flat top was out in the late 90’s I believe, same style control panel as the first generation Summit. I believe they were designated Summit 600, and 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back