**I'm going to the Dark Side and taking a Bullet with me!**

Saw this the other day and wish I would have seen it sooner, took delivery of a pellet about a month ago, (just addition to my other smokers)

How low/high can you get this setup? Can you cold smoke (I'm guessing not, but I figured I'd ask). Does it get hot enough to do pizza (600-700)?

How low/high can you get this setup? Can you cold smoke (I'm guessing not, but I figured I'd ask). Does it get hot enough to do pizza (600-700)?

It has a Smoke feature, it does not run off the thermometer, but a timed auger cycle. Can't give you exact temps, Dennis Correa at Smoke Daddy could fill you in on the specs, better than myself.

The Grill settings are from 180-450*, so if I wanted to do a Papa Murphy's Pizza, I'd be feelin' the love a 425*!

No disrespect, but what is the PRO side of doing this? A lot of people buy pellet poopers (again, no disrespect) for set and forget smoking. WSM's are pretty much all that by themselves, so what advantage did you gain?

(Just asking, again, no disrespect)

PeterZ,

What's that smoke stack? Where'd you get it? Does it make what you cook more awesome, ...or does it just give that impression?

PeterZ,

What's that smoke stack? Where'd you get it? Does it make what you cook more awesome, ...or does it just give that impression?

=) I made the smoke stack. Keeps the smoke out of my face. And what kinda smoker does not have a smoke stack ? =)

=) I made the smoke stack. Keeps the smoke out of my face. And what kinda smoker does not have a smoke stack ? =)

It looks awesome. Does it increase the draw of the smoker? Seems like you'd get a cleaner smoke but maybe higher temps? I guess it looks like you have a stoker plus with the pellet addition it wouldn't be a problem.

It looks awesome. Does it increase the draw of the smoker? Seems like you'd get a cleaner smoke but maybe higher temps? I guess it looks like you have a stoker plus with the pellet addition it wouldn't be a problem.

With charcoal I use DigiQ so no problem at all.
With pellets its run with hopper controller so no problem.
To finish off charcoal and dry the smoker at the end of cooking in makes great draw of air.
All in all I like it a lot =)

Peter

Pete, I'm late to this one, but I just stumbled onto this thread and I must say you've got a lot going on with your smoker. I see you connected directly to your charcoal bowl rather than using a stacker ring, just curious why you didn't go with the stacker ring? And I see the smoke stack, really cool, but what is going on with the ring around your middle section where the top sits on it? And the chain I see hanging along the side? The cart you have it all sitting on looks great by the way, definitely the way to go.
The pellet conversion for the WSM 18.5 is in my future sometime but right now we have too many other wants and needs to spend money on this (my wife would smoke me- yikes!) but I've added the smoke daddy website to my list of favorites so I can look and dream.

Back