If you had $100 to spend at the meat market, what would you buy?

Strip Loin Roast. Then divide into smaller roasts, or save some and cut into steaks.

Tim

So, I like the idea of getting something you wouldn't normally by, but wagyu beef? You'd have to kick in some of your own money to make it a meal. You might get one decent size steak for that. Maybe I'm missing something but that seems like trying to get more out of the deal than deal was worth - $100.

I like the get the most out of your money idea the best. Wait for a sale and load up on your favorite cuts of meat for BBQ'ing. Some butts, ribs, brisket and you have enough for a big dinner with your family and friends or enough for a few cooks for just the family.

Thanks for all of the replies everyone! I called today and they don't normally sell whole boneless rib-eye roasts unless you buy a case (I would have bought one if they sold them less than a case). I've decided to buy an entire case of pre-cut St. Louis Style Pork Spare Ribs. I'll need to throw in some extra money but it will be worth it and those ribs will go a long way. I wonder how many pounds a case will be?

Chris;
Everyone has to make their own decision on these matters, but your decision would be one I would have made.

Congratulations!

Now, we want PICTURES!:rolleyes:

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Personally I like to age and cut my own steaks so a primal NY Strip or Rib Eye would be something I would consider. I love Wagyu but save that for a fancy dinner out in a very nice resturant. A leg of lamb can be broken down into some nice bonless filets, cubes for shish kabbob and trimmings for ground lamb.

I guess the reall question would be; "Do you want to stock up on the standard items you cook? (Do you have a freezer to store these?) Or do you want to splurge on something you normally don't indulge in?

A Hot Dog. The way meat prices have skyrocketed lately that's about all $100.00 will get you.
Seriously though, if it were me I would go with a Prime Brisket or Wagyu if available.

Last edited:

Back