If they didn't make the WSM, what would you buy?

what is most interesting to me about this post is that i pulled up each type of smoker you have picked as the alternative if the wsm was not made. This post really illustrates the point that there is no smoker anywhere near the price point of the wsm that does what it does. In each case, the alternative is either significantly more expensive or doesn't have near teh capacity. I looked at teh spice wine last and for 1000 dollars, you can do one brisket, or two butts, etc. I find that very expensive and limiting in terms of quanitity. Other than the BDS, which is more reasonable but still twice the price, doesn't seem to offer any real advantages. Besides, the others don't have boards like this with so many experienced wsm owners.

I have finally located a local shop that carries the wsm, so i'll finally get to see one.

Originally posted by Davidd:
...I looked at teh spice wine last and for 1000 dollars, you can do one brisket, or two butts, etc. I find that very expensive and limiting in terms of quanitity.

David,

That is not true of the Spicewine (small - $1000). I think you looked at the product picture and saw only the one shelf - there are 3 that come with the small model. That means you can cook 6 butts at once or 3 large briskets at once or, a nice combination of meats spread out amongst the 3 shelves.

I would continue with my weber grill until I saved enough money to buy a Lange model 84

I know you said $1000 but this is smokin.

I would continue with my weber grill until I saved enough money to buy a Lange model 84

I know you said $1000 but this is smokin.

I agree...I would spend an extra $500-600 and get me a Klose Pit. They are tops in my book.

Nothing...I'd make a couple more of these...

IMG_3900.jpg

wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back