Ideas for leftovers?

Another nod for Turkey Pot Pie. I'll be making it for dinner tomorrow or Wednesday.

Also, don't let the carcass go to waste! I put mine in the crock pot Saturday night (just the bones with some meat left on it) with a gallon of water and woke up to a gallon of fantastic turkey stock for soups, stews, mashed potatoes, rice, you name it. Filter it through cheesecloth then freeze it in quart-size containers for up to 6 months.

Stuffing and eggs in the morning. Made a pot of turkey and sausage Jambalaya the other day. Still need to cook down the turkey bones and will use that and some more leftover turkey to make some white bean chili and a pot of gumbo.

Kentucky Hot Browns

Dredging up this old topic...anyone have any new leftover turkey ideas?
These are the bomb. Toast slices of sourdough bread. Place on foil covered cookie sheet. Top each slice of toast with Turkey, however much bacon you require NOTE: There is no such thing as too much bacon. Then ladel Mornay sauce over each slice. Mornay is a cheese sauce made from Gryere cheese. Top each slice with a nice thick slice of heirloom tomato. Place under a preheated broiler until the cheese sauce gets slightly brown and you get some caramelization on the tomato. Then when you go weak in the knees when you enjoy it, send me cash LOL

Actually, a Mornay sauce is based on the mother sauce, Bechamel (blond roux and milk, seasoned with a touch of nutmeg)
Then you add Gruyere. God love the French penchant for a new name for every variation! Change one thing and it becomes something with its own “nom de cuisine”.
If you add cheddar, it’s something else, add an herb, another name change, hilarious stuff! Worth the experiment any time! And the “hot brown” is a favorite on derby day (those are ham in the Bluegrass state).

Back