I would like to thank Chris and the other helpful posters on this board -

Richard F

TVWBB Member
I am probably an embarrassment to city boys and really had zero experience in smoking or really anything like it. Yesterday, I made my first mod on my WSM (added a temp gauge) and I now am cooking 5 butts.
Just since May I have had so much fun and I thought about it today and realized I couldn't have done it without this board and the great support offered. I have smoked fish, butts, chicken and ribs. My wife's family have given me the highest compliment, that my barbecue is better than their Sainted Dad's. My kid's come from California for the food and it is the greatest feeling in the world to give a gift of a 12 oz. pack of BBQ and have it received with true gladness.
I hope others can understand what something like this means to someone like me. I have gone from the "useless guy" to "the Man" when it comes to good food.
I get the credit locally, but I have to admit that it is your knowledge base that is the real deal.
Thank you all so much.

End of speech.

Ditto. Most of us are in the exact same boat. I stubmled upon this site 3 years ago, lurked for a while then bought a WSM. This site is a god-send, I'd have never figured out how to use the WSM if this site didn't exist.

I'll have to agree before I found bbq sites I didn't know the difference between smoking and grilling. Now I have four smokers (3 WSM's)and three Weber grills.

Back