I grill problems.

Mike Cosgrove

TVWBB Diamond Member
I just got my igrill, I have a samsung galaxy s3 android operated, its supposed to be compatible, the bluetooth on the phone picks up the igrill bug the igrill wont recognize my phone.

I have one it's pretty on point , use it with an old maverick I have and temps were exactly the same . Cons: pain in the butt to connect the Bluetooth to your iPhone or iPad sometimes , if you loose connection gotta do 2 button reset on your Apple device among other things to get it to work again , the led screen is hard to see in direct sunlight , is a battery hog had to change half way through an 18 hour cook , then again now that I think about it was an 18 hour cook lol :p , if you got rechargeables they would be way to go .

Pros: 2 probes , the app are great for tracking your cook , and setting alarms and labeling the probes are simple . I proped my iPad on my nightstand on its charger and was able to see the cook at any time during the night , and you can set alarm for lows or high alarms .

Another con I noticed was if I let one of the apple products ( iPhone or iPad ) sleep for to long I'd have to resynch the Bluetooth which I've already said can be a pain in the butt . also can only be connected to one device at a time !

Once you figure out its limitations and nuisances it's a nice lil device , I almost gave up on it the first day with the Bluetooth trouble . Do a 2 button reset with Bluetooth off on apple device , also take batteries out of igrill and reinsert them , then reset that also ( it's on thieR site how to do it ) . Turn on igrill first , then turn on bluetooth on apple device , cross fingers and hope it finds it first shot . Do that a couple of times and eventually you'll get it to connect . Hope I helped !

Last edited:
I have one it's pretty on point , use it with an old maverick I have and temps were exactly the same . Cons: pain in the butt to connect the Bluetooth to your iPhone or iPad sometimes , if you loose connection gotta do 2 button reset on your Apple device among other things to get it to work again , the led screen is hard to see in direct sunlight , is a battery hog had to change half way through an 18 hour cook , then again now that I think about it was an 18 hour cook lol :p , if you got rechargeables they would be way to go .

Pros: 2 probes , the app are great for tracking your cook , and setting alarms and labeling the probes are simple . I proped my iPad on my nightstand on its charger and was able to see the cook at any time during the night , and you can set alarm for lows or high alarms .

Another con I noticed was if I let one of the apple products ( iPhone or iPad ) sleep for to long I'd have to resynch the Bluetooth which I've already said can be a pain in the butt . also can only be connected to one device at a time !

Once you figure out its limitations and nuisances it's a nice lil device , I almost gave up on it the first day with the Bluetooth trouble . Do a 2 button reset with Bluetooth off on apple device , also take batteries out of igrill and reinsert them , then reset that also ( it's on thieR site how to do it ) . Turn on igrill first , then turn on bluetooth on apple device , cross fingers and hope it finds it first shot . Do that a couple of times and eventually you'll get it to connect . Hope I helped !
Thanks Carlos, sorry I didnt see this sooner, I ended up reinstalling the app and now it works perfect,

Hi Mike,

The easiest way is to reset the IGRILL be pressing all of the buttons at once. This will clear all previous settings. It happens to me all the time for some reason. Installing the APP every time it doesn't pair will become a pain in the ARSE.

Hi Mike,

The easiest way is to reset the IGRILL be pressing all of the buttons at once. This will clear all previous settings. It happens to me all the time for some reason. Installing the APP every time it doesn't pair will become a pain in the ARSE.
Thanks man, im having problems again so ill try that.

Back