I caught some nice trout today!!!!!

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
It was a great fishing day today! I caught some nice trout, at Jess Ranch Lakes, in Apple Valley, CA. The fish were biting pretty good today, I used Power bait, to land my fish. I decided to grill up three of them today. The rest are in the freezer, for a later day. I'm using lump charcoal, it gave the fish the perfect amount of smoke flavor. Here are the pictures. :)

Jess Ranch Lakes, great fishing hole, to catch some good fish! There is also bass here too.

Freshly caught trout, cleaned and gutted.

seasoned, and ready for the grill.

On the grill, sure looks good!

Trout is ready to eat!

Some of the best tasting fish I've had in awhile. Thanks for looking :).

Last edited:
Beautiful. I have been wanting to grill some trout on charcoal. Did it years ago on gas, and it was good. I'm thinking charcoal will be better.

Stores around here have trout, but not as fresh as yours.

Michael, when I use to fish, I sang an ol' tune of, "♪ here fishy fishy, come to hooker ♫" and they all swam so quickly, I had to fight them off.
Some actually jumped in the boat or on the pier I was fishing in or on... Amazing.
Well, certainly, no one believed me... so....
...one day, I decided to NOT sing my ol' tune of, "♪ here fishy fishy, come to hooker ♫"... I ended up sitting out on that lake with no one to talk to.
Sure enough, there were all those people standing there looking at me with no fish... you can imagine how I felt...that they did not believe that my singing that ol' tune, "♪ here fishy fishy, come to hooker♫" would bring me all the fish I needed to cook up and eet???
I'll tell you what I did do then... I sang very quietly butt loud enough so some of them could hear, the others I could hear saying, "What's he saying??"
Yup, I sang those ol' words, "♪ here fishy fishy, come to hooker♫"
and guess what???

That's the best lookin' fish I've seen in quite awhile, Michael!
btw, GREAT fish plates!

Hi Michael,

Very nice catch and cook ! Had to look up that lake. Neat... right next to the Mojave River, the sometimes above ground and sometimes below ground river..

Besides salmon, rainbow trout is one of our favorites.
July will be our time for some C&R as well as some C&Eat (although mostly C&R...)
When we do catch them little buggers (Calif. Golden Trout hybrids), it's on the Kern Plateau to the east and above the Kern.

(off topic) Heard that B's in BB might be closing ?

Bob
(Tibia on the SoCalMountains forum)

Back