Hurricane BBQ Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt J

TVWBB Fan
Any Floridians interested in having one
icon_smile.gif
. Any Hurricane BBQ stories to share with the group? Anyone lose their WSM to Charley, Frances, or Ivan "da terrible". Wonder if Weber would replace it if Jeanne comes across the state and blows my WSM away during my planned Turkey smoke on SAT/SUN. If not guess I could still add it to my home owners claim LOL. If anyone of you are insurance adjusters ..YOU DIDN'T READ that part lol.

Looks like Jeanne is planning on coming up to "Chucktown" after she "parties" with you Fla guys this weekend. What a "slut", bouncing from city to city, state to state.

At the moment the NHC is showing Jeanne landing near me.
icon_frown.gif
Some computer models have her crossing over me as Frances did. Most have her veering up the coast.
icon_frown.gif

All my grills are in the shed with the other potential projectiles.
icon_frown.gif

Perhaps a party after the deluge
icon_biggrin.gif

Kevin,

Should come to my part of the state...Tampa has been pretty lucky so far. Good thing to keep the WSM out of the wind......don't want to look out the window and see it's bullet shape flying by. Now a cow is ok but if WSMs start flying were in trouble LOL.

Kevin,

I lived in Orlando for 20 years before moving out of harms way, butt, still have family there..I feel for you guys!! You gonna get back there before she hits?

I ended up doing alright. Only lost power for 12 hours...however I didn't get my cable/cable modem connection back until yesterday. Also, lost the last oak tree in my back yard. It landed on my pool enclosure but because the tree was down the hill from the enclosure...part of it rested on the hill and the tall part landed on the corner of the enclosure. So when I got the chainsaw out and cut it up...I was able to get it off the enclosure without damaging the frame or tearing any of the screens. So other than a few "minor" roof leaks....due to lose metal flashing I got out ok. My prayers are definately with my fellow Floridians that didn't fair as well. How did you guys come out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back