Huntley Plant

No you really can't even get into the parking lot. It is just a giant manufacturing/warehouse building. I live 15 min from there and I have to drive by it on the way to my Dads house. I have tried to drive down there, and there are huge signs saying "no admittance". It's like a giant truck dock....

Does Weber sell products at the Huntley plant? Do they give tours?

Thanks. Does the Palentine location have someone who can answer my earlier question: Why doesn't Weber sell the brick red Smokey Joe in the USA? I asked Weber on line and their response was they don't sell the brick red in the USA. I responded by informing Weber I knew the brick red SJ wasn't sold in the USA.

Thanks. Does the Palentine location have someone who can answer my earlier question: Why doesn't Weber sell the brick red Smokey Joe in the USA? I asked Weber on line and their response was they don't sell the brick red in the USA. I responded by informing Weber I knew the brick red SJ wasn't sold in the USA.

No tours that I know of. I go in there from time to time. It's not much of a store. It's about the size of a bedroom. They don't sell much except replacement parts, tshirts, cookbooks, accessories, hats and aprons. They don't sell grills except smokey joes (black). When I specifically asked for other colors, they just told me they had none. The ladies that work this store, while helpful and courteous, don't seem to be decision makers on Weber's global marketing. I've always gotten free little Weber spice jars when I buy replacement parts. THat's always nice.

Thats where I got my bone white Smokey from. They don't stock grills there, but they do get them in from time to time. Sort of a "right place right time" sort of thing

Thats where I got my bone white Smokey from. They don't stock grills there, but they do get them in from time to time. Sort of a "right place right time" sort of thing

You are correct Jeff. I was able to make the pilgrimage during my last visit to Chicago and got lucky with this -

4ECC3533-0E35-45BB-B581-014E384F0174-722-0000009C0D131AF5.jpg

CE01C26A-8E38-4CEE-B889-01C180EB6BAF-722-0000009BE6E0CD37.jpg

127007F0-FC86-44E2-9AC1-BC1A4AE7E685-722-0000009C2C19EBC2.jpg

Great score on the color, but Gawd, how I hate those plastic friggin' handles! Hey Weber - wood is a renewable natural resource! Plastic is pollution just waiting to happen....

Just my .02¢ ....

Back