How to make BBQ Hotlinks, either store bought or from scratch

SMalki

TVWBB Member
One of my favorite foods from a smoker is BBQ hotlinks. I usually get them at Everett and Jones BBQ in Berkeley, CA. From the looks of them they make them themselves. I would like to know if there are any good hotlinks I can buy at a store or if it's best to make your own? I really want to make some hotlinks on my WSM.

take a look at how their links look

l.jpg

l.jpg

Their links are so good. Is there any links around the Bay area California that I can buy already made and smoke like these? or will i have to make my own, and if i do, what is a great hotlink recipie that would come out like these?

Ok i have now found out they are home made. Beef links. so I would need a good recipe to make them (can you do them with just plain old ground beef?) where can you get casings too?

zPQmUi.png

Last edited:
Hamburger will work fine for making sausages (this assumes you mean store-bought burger). Two disadvantages are 1)what beef is in it? and 2)what is the fat content?

Some you can grind yourself (chuck for example) requires no additional fat and you know from whence it came. You can also use eye of round but in that case you must add some beef fat as it is a lean cut and not too appetizing when cooked up as a sausage. You want 15-20% fat content and it may not be listed on the package.

Just two examples.

Back