How to find different cuts of meat !

Louis

TVWBB Fan
Hi again guys,

this morning, i thought i'd share my experience about finding different meat cuts. Where i live, Quebec (Canada), it is really hard to find beef brisket or boston butt. In fact, it is nearly impossible to get it from any store, you have to know someone that can order from a distributor but even then, you'll end up with a full case of brisket or butt lol !

but, FINALLY, i found a solution to my problem and it is pretty cheap. During christmas i was talking with a butcher about my problems and he told me that, in order to get brisket or butt, i would have to find a butcher that order the entire beef or pork. But then, he had an epiphany and told me, "hey, you should call a school where they offer butchery formation" !

I look around on the internet and found one near me, and called. I talked to a teacher and there was no problem at all, he took my phone number and called me like 10 days later telling me my order was ready.

The price was pretty decent :
4$/kg for the brisket
3$/kg for the butt
2$/kg for the jowl

in order to give you an idea, last summer i was able to find a brisket at a local store (they had to order it) and it cost me 13$/KG !!!

One day, that might be a solution for you too
icon_smile.gif

have a nice day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Louis:
Hi again guys,

The price was pretty decent :
4$/kg for the brisket
3$/kg for the butt
2$/kg for the jowl

in order to give you an idea, last summer i was able to find a brisket at a local store (they had to order it) and it cost me 13$/KG !!!

One day, that might be a solution for you too
icon_smile.gif

have a nice day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$1.82 a pound!!??? for brisket?

Maybe $4 pound but not a kilogram. I think it might be a misprint on that price you quoted. OTOH, 1.36 for butt is high (for January) but not during other months.

I could be wrong (my wife tells me that frequently).

Hi Len,

No there is no mistake in my post !
icon_wink.gif

it cost me 31$ for a flat brisket of 9 pounds, a boston butt (sorry i do not know it weight) and 2kg of jowl !

taxes included !
icon_smile.gif

will you give it a try ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Louis:
Hi Len,

No there is no mistake in my post !
icon_wink.gif

it cost me 31$ for a flat brisket of 9 pounds, a boston butt (sorry i do not know it weight) and 2kg of jowl !

taxes included !
icon_smile.gif

will you give it a try ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Louis that is a fantastic deal for you! Even in Texas (when I was searching trying to find a decent price here) it cost more than that.

I briefly tried to find a local "school" such as you described but with no luck. I'll keep trying. Thanks for the tip.

Tax on raw meat? Definitely not so it's a puzzler why it was "tax included"?

Maybe "white van" meat?
icon_wink.gif

Back