How not to carve a brisket.

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This was linked on the TMBBQ site under "how to desecrate a brisket." These guys from Big Apple BBQ are giving a tutorial. If any of you do this to a brisket, we can't be friends! I almost cried!

Looks like he was also throwing away alot of meat with those trimmings. He just ruined a perfectly good brisket. What he threw away would feed a family a nights meal I suspect. SAD, VERY SAD!!!!!

That was sickening (unless he was throwing that meat into a container under the table - which I doubt).

Shaking my head...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

That was sickening (unless he was throwing that meat into a container under the table - which I doubt).

Shaking my head...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

The whole thing made no sense - why not trim it (I almost wrote "like that") before cooking.

Even if you could possibly buy into his ridiculous trimming job, why wouldn't he cube up the rest for burnt ends instead of just tossing it?

This is what makes YouTube the worst internet invention ever.

Wow!!!

Equally disturbing......that whomever shot the video has their phone upside down. Look at your TV....that's how your phone should look when filming. ;)

Whooooooooo!!!! That was funny!!!! did you see him just throw half of it away!!!! lol!!!!! i think he was doing a joke for youtube or something, I laughed even harder at the comments!!!

Well he certainly speaks and wields the knife with authority but 1/2 the brisket ended up in the trash.

Haha, that burnt end is what I always thought a burnt end was until the BBQ competitors started cutting the point into chunks and calling that burnt ends.
Growing up I always saw the whole brisket sliced and served.
Some people asked for lean meat and others asked for the fat end.
I just never saw any of it cut into chunks and thrown back into the cooker.

Back