How many rolled racks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Parr

TVWBB Super Fan
How many rolled racks of Costco BB's can you get on a WSM. I have fit nine in the past...could have gotten ten but they come 3 to a pack. Has anyone gotten more then 10 costco racks (usually bigger than other racks I've gotten) rolled on the WSM?

Dang man thats alot of meat....nothing wrong with that. The most I have done is four rolled with butchers twine on each of the two grates but I could have put one more rack on each grate in the middle but then they would be touching as I try to keep them towards the middle to keep the outer part of the racks away from the edge of the grate where it's hotter. Sounds do-able to me though. MMMMM................Ribs.......now I'm getting hungry.

I guess my question is: is there another method that will fit more than 10 costco racks on one WSM? I would prefer not to buy rib racks, but don't think they would increase my space by much.
I think I remember Conrad Haskins saying that each WSM fit enough ribs to feed 50 people, if that's true and he got on no more than 10 racks I should be okay. The other WSM will be cooking about 6 beer butt chickens (hmm...ya think I could get 8 on?)

I could only get 4 rolled racks on each grate. I suppose if you do a 3rd grate mod you can get more on. I was able to get 20 half racks done using two Char-Broil rib racks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back