HM version 4 Rpi 3d print case

I also received a case from Tom that turned out great.
I use the Auberins blower and use a power jack pigtail on the PCB instead of an RCA connector. The Auberins blower is easy to install and remove and has a baffle to stop the airflow when the fan is off.

Tom/Matt,

Just sent you guys a PM. Not sure if you got them or not because nothing shows up in my Sent Items.

Thanks

If I missed it, I apologize, but I can't seem to find the stl files for the 4.0 case for the Raspberry Pi A model. I know they are in the dwg and the .123d , but I have been having tons of problems trying to get it to export correctly. .123d file will only open in the beta version, but I can't save it to an stl from within there. I opened the .dwg file in Autocad, but once it exported and opened in my 3d printer's slicer (Makerware) it was tiny. Granted I have no idea how to use any of these modeling programs. Would it be possible to have the A versions exported as .stl (I'm looking for the one without any RJ (11 or 45)).

Cheers.

You have to "LOGIN" with 123d beta before you can output stl's.... Invernter Fusion should also open 123d beta files and output stl's...

Yeah I tried logging in, but I just get stuck in an infinite loop of Script Errors in the web browser. I can't log in. That was with IE 11 at least. Inventer fusion Beta? Or the latest version?

Hey Guys quick questions about UPDATE 9/09/13 Version 3.6.

Would PLA be good enough for a case of should I order ABS? If I order ABS, how much ABS will each case use?

Lastly, what are the actual dimensions of the case?

My friend has a subscription to Tech Shop http://www.techshop.ws/ and is going to print a newer case for me. He has asked the above questions :)

I print in PLA all the time. I'm actually starting to prefer it over ABS. The actual volume of plastic that the case uses depends on how much infill you slice it at and can be calculated by your slicing program. In general, you should be able to print several cases per pound of filament depending on how you have your printer tuned and whether you have occasional print failures or not. The case that you are asking about measures around 120x105x35mm. The case for the new boards is slightly smaller.

I print in PLA all the time. I'm actually starting to prefer it over ABS. The actual volume of plastic that the case uses depends on how much infill you slice it at and can be calculated by your slicing program. In general, you should be able to print several cases per pound of filament depending on how you have your printer tuned and whether you have occasional print failures or not. The case that you are asking about measures around 120x105x35mm. The case for the new boards is slightly smaller.

Thanks Tom!

Has anyone nicely retrofitted an rj45 jack onto the HM 4.0 case? If so, what module did you use and where did you find the ideal location to put it?

Has anyone nicely retrofitted an rj45 jack onto the HM 4.0 case? If so, what module did you use and where did you find the ideal location to put it?

I do believe Tom has put the CAT5 hole into the V4.0 case, up near the display look for an extra square hole?

EDIT: Sorry, that was the wrong image...
I know Tom added the extra hole for the CAT5 'cause we discussed a thin removable wall for those who didnt want the hole...

Last edited:

Back