HM 4.2.4 3D Printed Case

The raspberry PiA+ TC version is up. There are PiA+ specific mounts so that the pi is fully supported. Probe version will be up in a day or 2.

15954134286_b4ac723cb6_c.jpg

No Case but I have the parts!

If can't find anyone (which I've already asked 50 people at work) to print me a case, is it possible to make the case out of aluminum without hindering the performance of the WiFi?

If there is $omeone out there that can print me TWO cases please let me know$ or PM me.

Thank you to all that have contributed to this project and Brian for dreaming it up. I got into BBQ competitions last year and have done very well so far. This will be a great tool for my vertical smoker. Can't wait to start soldering on Sunday.

By the way, There is a store called Micro Center (Westmont , IL) about 20 miles away from me that are selling the Raspberry Pi B and B+ for $29.99 + tax. I know the B+ is out for the Heatermeter project but from what I could find online it seemed to be a decent deal.

Thanks all,

Jay

Reminder...

If you don't have a 3D printer you can PM me or Matt (M Miller) to purchase a case. Available colors are: black, red, silver, orange, blue, or green. The current price is $25 + $5 shipping.

This case requires that the rca jack on the rpi be removed so that the boards come into maximum contact. The unit of measure for the .stl files is in mm and the LEDs should be mounted so that the top of the LEDs are positioned 1 to 2 mm above the top of the LCD.

Note from Moderator: I support the sale of HeaterMeter cases as a way to help support this cool DIY project, with the understanding that it's a grassroots, community-based service and not for profit. I consider it an exception to the TVWBB Terms of Service that prohibits members from promoting, soliciting or selling on behalf of their own business, product, blog, website, event, etc.

Anyone interested in printing a 4-line version should hold off at the moment. There is a raspberry pi b issue with the usb and rj45 clearance. I'm going to be posting a pi a+ only version soon.

4-line Display Case
ke9bmt.jpg

Thanks, Tom, works great. It does have a little side to side movement, screws will fix that, since I did not have any the correct size I just used a little electrical tape on each side to tighten things up and it stays in pretty good.

Hi Tom, I am curious what kind of printer you have? and what kind of filament do you use for the cases? Thanks for the info!

Here is my PiA+ TC case's top half being printed, still attached to the bed. I finished assembling the HM last night, now I'm just waiting for wlan adapter and probes to arrive.

piaplustop.JPG

Looking good! I take it the autocad2010 version of the files worked in solidworks.

I was able to open the file in SW and kind of convert it to solids, but it didn't recognize everything correctly. I also tried to edit the file in Inventor, but I wasn't able to figure out how to change the hole sizes. Dremel to the rescue ;) I'll post pictures of finished valve in your thread.

Back