Herb's Bourbon All Purpose Sauce

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Just found this while cleaning out my "Cooking With Booze" binders. As you can see, I am only up to "BOURBON" :rolleyes:

(found a lot of good things to cook using beer).

2 TB. hoisin sauce
2 TB. soy sauce
2 TB. brown sugar
2 TB. dark sesame oil
2 TB. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup BOURBON
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 scallions, white part only

Mix, pour over meat or chicken and marinate overnight

Want to try this tonight with chicken thighs. If anyone has tried this sauce, would love to hear your comments. 🥰

Darn, forgot it says to marinate overnight. What should we do?

The longer the better but it should be fine. You will know if it needs longer when you eat it. (y) You can also boil the marinade down and use it as a glaze at the table.

The longer the better but it should be fine. You will know if it needs longer when you eat it. (y) You can also boil the marinade down and use it as a glaze at the table.
Thanks John, That is a very good idea about making it a glaze. Just might do that. Darn, don't even know if we DO have any bourbon. Joan, get your act together.:unsure:

Just found this while cleaning out my "Cooking With Booze" binders. As you can see, I am only up to "BOURBON" :rolleyes:

(found a lot of good things to cook using beer).

2 TB. hoisin sauce
2 TB. soy sauce
2 TB. brown sugar
2 TB. dark sesame oil
2 TB. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup BOURBON
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 scallions, white part only

Mix, pour over meat or chicken and marinate overnight
Thanks for sharing!
I have all of the ingredients, except for the scallions. I'll substitute a little white onion instead and give it a whirl.

Meat! ;)
Not sure yet......something like that just screams "PORK!". Maybe on some country-style ribs. I might even try it with venison or flank steak.
Oh, PORK, PORK, PORK PLEASE!!!!!!!!

(do I have to scream louder?):giggle:

Well, no pork, but last night boiled down to a nice glaze and put on chicken thighs. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

Well you certainly have a lot of food and booze to get through before you start cooking with Zinfandel!

Luckily I have separate binders for cooking with wine and cooking with booze. The last recipe in the cooking with booze binder is "Texas Jack Sauce" (from a Steven Raichlen cookbook) calling for Jack Daniel WHISKEY. 🥰

Back