Help! Rookie mistake and need to find a fix

Fabian G

Need help finding a fix. Turned on my new E-330 to made sure it worked, wasn't thinking and sprayed down the steel with some polish and because the unit was hot from being on the polish "burned" itself into the material. Kinda like a really bad water spot that won't come out. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Also any tip on how to buff out a scratch my cover made?

photo3.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo4.jpg

You can buff any shallow scratch or imbedded material from bare stainless steel. The problem is that polishing it will make a shiney/poilished spot that is hard to blend into the whole surface.

IMO the enamel surfaces are much easier to maintain over time because of this.

The grill is a tool and stuff is going to happen to it. As long as it is in good working order I would not worry about it.

Not sure but maybe check where they sell restaurant supply cleaners. Maybe they sell something for cleaning stainless steel. My gasser is about 15 years old and sits outside year round in Michigan and never even thought of polishing it LOL

Originally posted by Fabian G:
Need help finding a fix. Turned on my new E-330 to made sure it worked, wasn't thinking and sprayed down the steel with some polish and because the unit was hot from being on the polish "burned" itself into the material. Kinda like a really bad water spot that won't come out. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Also any tip on how to buff out a scratch my cover made?

photo3.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo4.jpg

I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with light pressure on all the surfaces of my Summit Weber Grill. I have never had a problem with it leaving scratches and it has always restored the surfaces to like new.

Back