Help Rehabbing Kettle on Performer

Thank you all for the great advice.

Have the alerts set up on CL and will keep an eye out for parts. Since it does not have the gas assist, I'm thinking of replacing the bottom with a performer bowl and creating homemade attachment to it. There are plenty of great ideas out there to follow.

Thinking about parlaying this project into 2 performers since the cart and dome are in good enough shape. It would be a waste to toss it. If I can find a cheap performer and find a cheap bowl separately, then maybe I can double my inventory. I think the wife will be none to pleased.

This is more fun than work.

Thank you all for the great advice.

Have the alerts set up on CL and will keep an eye out for parts. Since it does not have the gas assist, I'm thinking of replacing the bottom with a performer bowl and creating homemade attachment to it. There are plenty of great ideas out there to follow.

Thinking about parlaying this project into 2 performers since the cart and dome are in good enough shape. It would be a waste to toss it. If I can find a cheap performer and find a cheap bowl separately, then maybe I can double my inventory. I think the wife will be none to pleased.

This is more fun than work.

If you have space issues with two performers, There are people who use performer frames and tables for mobile platforms for WSMS, so they may want the extra table and frame if you find one that you take the bowl off.

I love the idea of using the Performer Cart for the WSM. If..I mean when I find a used performer on CL, then I will make turn the old cart into the WSM cart. Love the ideas flowing on this forum.

I should post some photos of an old built in reverse santamaria grill that the previous owners built at my home. They let it go to **** so I need to start over and come up with something.

Post Script to the story...

So patience had paid off. Yesterday. someone listed the light green Performer from C&B for $99. Who has two thumbs and it bought it today? THIS GUY! In good shape other than the ignitor but I am chimney loving guy so I will fix that when I get around to it.

Almost done with the conversion of the old Performer Cart to a WSM cart.

When done I will post pics of both. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Randy

Post Script to the story...

So patience had paid off. Yesterday. someone listed the light green Performer from C&B for $99. Who has two thumbs and it bought it today? THIS GUY! In good shape other than the ignitor but I am chimney loving guy so I will fix that when I get around to it.

Almost done with the conversion of the old Performer Cart to a WSM cart.

When done I will post pics of both. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Randy

Nice grab on the new performer. Definitely post some before and after photos of your progress.

Great deal! It's that lime green correct? I love that color. Also, that gas assist is GREAT for lighting the chimney.

Back