Help me find the right sauce for my pulled pork

61l5YkX4b8L._SX522_.jpg

Ingredients:
Water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, salt, paprika, spices, corn starch,
contains less than 2% of: garlic, sugar, tapioca dextrin, lecithin, citric acid,
xanthan gum, guar gum.
Contains: Soy.

GOD BLESS YOU DAVE FROM DENVER!! This is the link to the sauce recipe I was looking for myself a few weeks ago, but could not find. Nobody on this board could help either. (Note to self: quickly printing this out and putting shortcut to recipe on my favorites).

As Dave indicated, this recipe is VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY vinegary. Good, but very acidic. I would strongly recommend trying it because it's fabulous, but I would cut the vinegar in 1/2 unless you like a very acidic sauce. Otherwise, it's the best I've ever had.

Thanks!

Happy to help. This sauce blew my mind the first time I ever made it from the recipe on this forum. Ever since I always keep some on hand, and it has become the base of some of my other iterations of BBQ sauce (doctor up the doctored SBR).

Dave

I pan my butts when they get the color I like. After I pull the meat, I sprinkle on a little more rub, and then I mix the drippings back in with the pork and watch it absorb back into the meat. I'll serve some Stubbs on the side for those that like sauce. This way, you really taste the pork and flavor profile.

If you are still looking. My family loves this homemade sauce.

2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1½ cups ketchup
½ cup white vinegar
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard (or ~ 2 tsp dry mustard)
Juice of ½ lemon
½ tsp cayenne
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Dash chili powder (ancho)
1 Tbsp liquid smoke

I know liquid smoke is a sin but I think it helps, add it after the sauce cools or just leave it out. The recipe makes about a pint. I usually double or triple it and leave it in the fridge.

Back