Hello - New 18.5 Owner

Well, ended up putting the meat on about 1 am. I got woken up a few times for temp spike 180* and temp below 120*. Brisket on top of the butt with temp probe in the brisket. Temp in the brisket was at 190* about an hour ago, but now dropped to 187*. Skewer seemed to slide into the brisket fairly easily.

Thoughts of if I should pull the brisket and check the butt? Coals seem to be running kind of low. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well , I was a little busy yesterday and missed all this.. How'd every thing come out? Brisket sounded like it was done at 190 IT....how was the butt? Did you have water in the pan?

Turned out pretty good. Pork was perfect, great bark, moist and super flavor. Brisket was just a bit over done. That said, the bark was awesome but it was a little dry and had a great flavor. Frank, your are right it should have come off at 190*. I didn't panic at the 5 1/2 hour stall, but i couldn't bring myself to pull it off at 190,191,192, etc... BUT, all in all the family loved it, it all tasted great, I learned A LOT and had a blast...

Back