Hello from Thousand Oaks, California

Robert Lee

Hello everyone! My name is Robert Lee, a 60-year-old Chinese man from Southern California. A very nice gentleman named Cody Bratton I met at Facebook Weber Genesis Club introduced me to this group! Nice to meet you, ladies & gentlemen!

I'm an Industrial Designer/ Engineer and I'm currently working for the Guitar Center as a Production Manager at Private Brands group, I was in Toy Industry as a Designer and Project Manager for over 25 years prior to working for the Guitar Center.

I encountered Weber grills 4 years ago when I was put on furlough for 7 months during Covid since our 300+ retail stores in the country temporary closed the doors due to pandemic. The government's Covid Assist Funds and unemployment money helped but we needed extra income to be sustainable. My wife and I started buying used BBQ grills and picking up unwanted grills on the curb to refurbish and resale. It was tough in the beginning but very soon we found out that the refurbished Weber grills resale very well, we decided to concentrate solely on Weber grills refurbishment, we have refurbished and sold a few hundreds of various Weber grills in the past years. The most popular used Weber grill is definitely the good old Genesis 300 series, they were build like a tank, very easy to work with and we can find most of the parts easily from Amazon. Since the business is still very good (even in the Winter months and rare California rainy days), we keep doing this as our side jobs in the weekends. We have a lot of experiences on fixing all kinds of issues on Weber grills (90% easy fixes), if any of you have technical questions about the grill, I believe I will have some answers to share with you!

In terms of grilling, we have a built-in grill in the backyard but we are not gas grill kind of people, we hardly use the fancy gas grill we have, we like charcoal/ smoker cooking. Occasionally we will use our Weber Go-Anywhere portable propane grill to grill some peppers and vegetables.

Very nice to meet you all at this platform, looking forward to share our stories and experiences!!

Robert Lee

Welcome Robert!
Sounds like you all know your way around a Weber,
in more ways than one. 😀

Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks on the
charcoal - as well as the fancy gas - grills.
We like them all!

Back