Hello from the Weber grill motherland!!

Chris O

Just joined the VWBB! Stoked to be here and even more to start me first Weber restoration project! Look forward to learning much and sharing progress with you fine people. Just picked up a beautiful Weber Summit 650 NG on craigslist for $70 bucks! it even came with an almost new in the box Weber - rotisserie! This was purchased in the heartland of Weber- near Palatine, IL. It was super cool to drive by all the Weber corporate buildings on the way home with this amazing grill... it was a sign!!!

Welcome aboard Chris. Restoring an older Weber is a great thing to do. Our restored Genesis 1000 gets quite a bit of use. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. Please post pics of your progress.

Welcome to the forum Chris, looking forward to see your restoration project :)

Do you have other Weber Grills/Smokers?

Thank you! i believe i have a circa 90's Weber Smokey Joe and i run a 30 Masterbuilt electric smoker.
I super anxious to start on the Summit.
Hey is there an easy explanation for posting pics? would it be a tag? I wasn't sure how that worked.
thanks!

Welcome aboard Chris. Restoring an older Weber is a great thing to do. Our restored Genesis 1000 gets quite a bit of use. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. Please post pics of your progress.

Thanks Bob! absolutely... Weber makes a good product. built to last! something we don't see much of anymore. and i'm all about restoring/reclaiming/recycling.
i see you have a Redhead. I'm in the hunt for one of those as well to restore for my parents! very cool.
i see you also have a 90's smokey joe... as i do. But i'm wondering... do they stamp model/serials on the kettles anywhere? i'd like to determine what year mine is.
Chris

welcome Chris. Glad to have you. I started out with a masterbuilt electric smoker and ended up trading up to a weber smokey mountain. I didn't have much negative to say about the masterbuilt but am happy I made the switch to the WSM. That is what started my weber hobby. Good luck on the restore

Thanks Bob! absolutely... Weber makes a good product. built to last! something we don't see much of anymore. and i'm all about restoring/reclaiming/recycling.
i see you have a Redhead. I'm in the hunt for one of those as well to restore for my parents! very cool.
i see you also have a 90's smokey joe... as i do. But i'm wondering... do they stamp model/serials on the kettles anywhere? i'd like to determine what year mine is.
Chris

there should be one or two letters stamped on the top vent. you can tell the age by that stamp. let us know what you have.

Hey Tommy...
i found an "FO". i've been ready the code interpreting page Bob directed me to... but i'm still struggling to understand. HELP! ha. thanks!!

Back