Hello from the SF East Bay

Mike_D

TVWBB Member
Hey there! Last summer my gas grill stopped working (actually kinda happy about that, because now I can get a nice Webber gasser). My dad has a classic Weber redhead and raves about it, so I figured I'll see what I can find on CL. It's great looking through everyone's restore pictures and tutorials, gives me quite a bit of confidence going into an eventual restore! Thanks in advance for the help, I'll be sure to post pictures and share my experience.

hey mike,

I had the same problem and went with a kettle and never regretted it. that isn't to saying don't get a gasser, but just throwing out that alternative. or why not both?

Both would be great, but I think I have to convince the wife. Easier to do with a $50-$100 CL find first. :)

currently I have a kettle and a wsm. I've been debating getting a genesis for convenience, but I too couldn't justify the cost. I don't find the 20 minute wait to start the coals is really that terrible anyway and I like the flavor of charcoal and if I want to add some wood for flavor (mequite for beef, alder for fish, etc) it's a lot easier than it is on a gasser. used kettles are dirt cheap too. my .05!

Craigslist will probably get you both with a little bit of patience. My wife will not use the smoker or the performer, but she just loves the restored redhead genesis gasser and uses it all the time. Good luck with the wife.

Welcome Mike, yes craigslist is a great place to find the grills. Once you cook a meal on them I'm sure your wife will understand. We have 8 different ones and use them all. Again Mike welcome to a great forum.

Back