Hello from sunny Seattle!

Angie H.

TVWBB Pro
Hey everybody!

I've been visiting this site on and off for a few years when I got my WSM back in 2010. I haven't used the WSM too much, as life got busy with relocating to the NW and getting settled in, but this year I plan to make good use of the smoker and my brand new 22 1/2 in. OTG.

Once I get the picture sharing thing figure out, I hope to share pics of my successful cooks because I've seen the photos you guys post on here and they are mouthwatering.

Last edited:
Welcome to forum and to the PNW !

It's smokin' hot down here in the Portland/Vancouver as well.
98° yesterday !

On the pic posting, I use Tiny Pic and upload my images there.
Tiny Pic will provide a forum code that you simply copy & paste into your post.

So take your pics, give each one a unique name (instead of the default number) and put these Image Files in a named Folder that is easy to find.
Place in My Pictures or on your Desktop.
Then go to Tiny Pic and get busy.

Hi Joe, and thank you for the welcome and pic posting tips. I will definitely check out Tiny Pic!

Welcome Angie! If memory serves me, sunny Seatle is but a dream, lol
Don't tell anyone, but it doesn't rain from July 1st to October 31st.
Deep blue skies and low, low humidity.
When it rains, you can walk between the drops.

Midwesterner....
"It rains but you don't get wet."

This is all Level III stuff, so I'll probably get a knock on the door.

Ok guys here is a test pic.

2h4cc5w.jpg

Last edited:
Yummy ribs!! Pic looks great, thanks for posting and welcome to the club! I actually here that Seattle is a very enviro conscious city....

Don't tell anyone, but it doesn't rain from July 1st to October 31st.
Deep blue skies and low, low humidity.
When it rains, you can walk between the drops.

My Dad's July 4th party would get rained out every year he would plan one...he lives in Camas:)
So maybe from July 5th...:cool:

That's the thing about living in the NW, one day sunny, one day cloudy (like today). I'm prepared for whatever mother nature brings tomorrow and this weekend, bought a 10x10 canopy to keep the WSM and OTG nice and dry.

That's the thing about living in the NW, one day sunny, one day cloudy (like today). I'm prepared for whatever mother nature brings tomorrow and this weekend, bought a 10x10 canopy to keep the WSM and OTG nice and dry.
Sounds like you have it covered...initially pun not intended, but I'll go with it !

Today features a nice "on shore flow" where the lower elevation, marine cloud deck moves inland....makes for a cool summer day. These are welcome.
Often the on shore flow will burn off at about 11:00 AM or so.

Back