Hello from NWI

BrianBishop

TVWBB Member
Hi everyone,

I wanted to pop in and introduce myself as I'm new to the site and fairly new to smoking as well. NWI stands for Northwest Indiana just outside chicago.

I recently purchased a 22.5" WSM and reading up on its use led me to this little slice of heaven. In reading up on the wsm here I also stumbled upon the mini subforum and have my very own SJS mini in the works as we speak. I'll post more about that in the mini section...

I've only done 2 cooks on the wsm thus far. 2-8# shoulders from costco which turned out fantastic and 3 slabs of babybacks also from costco. The ribs had great flavor but I wasn't satisfied with their texture so I'll have to keep tryin on those.

Thanks for all the great information you all contribute here! I foresee a fantastic summer of bbq.
-Brian

I foresee a fantastic summer of bbq.
...if we ever get a summer....
Glad to have you with us Brian!
Get yourself a digital camera and start snappin' photos of your cooks.... we love that kinda stuff here;)
Hope your stay is most enjoyable! :wsm:

Brian you are one of the smart ones who lives outside of Crook County. Nice low taxes, freedom to burn charcoal wherever
you please, fireworks are legal........Welcome!

Nice to have you! You'll get those ribs dialed in, just follow these guys and you'll be on your way.

Back