Hello from Concord, NC

Trey Hand

Lurking around here past couple months after looking for parts to rebuild my 2006 Summit 650. Saw info on the WSM and thought, "Hey I need one of those!" Mainly because I remember those great steaks, chicken, etc. my dad cooked on our Weber kettle and Smoky Joe's growing up in northern California. Always liked taste of charcoal over gas, and miss that mesquite smoke! Can never get hardly any smoky flavor from the smokebox on the Summit.

Anyway, didn't want to pay full price for the 18" and found the 14" today at Walmart for $154 so picked one up. Now debating on whether to keep or return and keep searching for deal on 18". Just my wife and I now mainly, so I think 14 may work. Researching these forums to make final decision.....

And one more big thumbs up to Weber and their support! I called asking about the piece that supports the flavorizer bars and a couple of ignitors. Ended up with whole new cookbox, new lid assembly, and all new burner tubes. Had to buy the whole ignitor manifold assembly and some other small things, but now my grill is almost like new again. Weber warranty service rocks for sure!

Welcome to the forum Trey. This is great place to learn and to share as well. Whatever you do with the WSM, you will be very happy. They are great smokers.

Welcome to the forum, Trey!

Our local Walmart has the 18.5" WSM for 199.00, and the 14.5" model for the same price you paid.

There are no discounted prices on the boxes, but the discount shows up at the register.

Back