HeaterMeter Snapshot for RPi3 Available

Nope! Because it still requires some massaging to get it started and I'd rather get it done than have to work out anyone else's build problems. Once I get it to the point that I think if you try to compile it, it will actually produce the same output I get, then I'll push it. It isn't far off.

I was closer than I thought! That's what you get for making small changes all along the way to nudge it closer and closer to where it needs to be. I've pushed everything from the openwrt machine to github. install.sh is supposed to work, maybe? You'll have to give it a try. You'll need a openwrt tree in sync with mine until there is a tag on designated driver
Code:
git clone git://github.com/openwrt/openwrt.git
cd openwrt 
git reset --hard 2839ee70d38eeea18f3423806bfa2fad6c597c25

Do the standard install.sh then go to the openwrt directory and make.

I was closer than I thought! That's what you get for making small changes all along the way to nudge it closer and closer to where it needs to be. I've pushed everything from the openwrt machine to github. install.sh is supposed to work, maybe? You'll have to give it a try. You'll need a openwrt tree in sync with mine until there is a tag on designated driver
Code:
git clone git://github.com/openwrt/openwrt.git
cd openwrt 
git reset --hard 2839ee70d38eeea18f3423806bfa2fad6c597c25

Do the standard install.sh then go to the openwrt directory and make.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

I might be doing something wrong but with the latest image the display and the gr/ye leds keep freezing a few seconds after the RPI3 starts booting.

The SD card was wiped before I wrote the image to the card.

Everything else seems to be working OK.

Just wiped the SD card and re-flashed the image. At first everything worked fine but after a power cycle the same issue appeared again (frozen display and leds).

When I do a "Reboot AVR" from the config menu, the HM display and the leds start working again. Looks like something goes wrong during the boot-up of the RPI.

Thanks for the report, Peter, I did not notice this! I know exactly what is causing it and I'll have a fix out today.

@Steve_M: Hang on for a bit, I see that when I uninstalled and reinstalled modules to see if I had the package config right, it messed up my .config file which I then checked into git. Let me get this sorted out today and get the config and package list right before you try to build and have to start from scratch again.

Ok new push to github and snapshot.

• Fix LEDs and possibly LCD being unresponsive on a fresh boot? Let me know on this one
  • Removes netfilter modules
  • linkmeterd now flushes the serial port buffer on startup, possibly prevents un-editable config items due to their values being corrupted on initial load
  • Reenables Raspberry Pi 2 with 8192cu wifi module (Edimax etc) vi rtl8xxxx, but only in client mode
  • git - Fix some broken package dependencies and missing items in .config

Hello,

I believe I found a bug when using the openwrt-rpi3.zip on a HM 4.3 with a rpi3. Don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but here go's...

When I open the Alarm or Alarm Scripts page I get some errors about a girl named Luci ;)

Alarm
Code:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/lm/alarm'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/linkmeter/alarm.lua:2: module 'luci.json' not found:
	no field package.preload['luci.json']
	no file './luci/json.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/luci/json.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/luci/json/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/json.lua'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/json/init.lua'
	no file './luci/json.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/json.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/loadall.so'
	no file './luci.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci.so'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:141: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:140>

Alarm-Scripts
Code:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/lm/alarm-scripts'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
...r/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/linkmeter/alarm-scripts.lua:1: module 'luci.fs' not found:
	no field package.preload['luci.fs']
	no file './luci/fs.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/luci/fs.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/luci/fs/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/fs.lua'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/fs/init.lua'
	no file './luci/fs.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci/fs.so'
	no file './luci.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/luci.so'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:141: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:140>

With kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
I believe I found a bug when using the openwrt-rpi3.zip on a HM 4.3 with a rpi3. Don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but here go's...

When I open the Alarm or Alarm Scripts page I get some errors about a girl named Luci ;)
Haha no this is the perfect place to complain about a girl named Luci! Thank you for reporting this, new snapshot posted with fixes for these issues. You can update your firmware from System -> Backup / Flash firmware and pasting the url to the new snapshot .gz into the URL box. Settings can be preserved.

New snapshot today

• Fixes #36 where the push and sms fields could show up in the wrong place in the webui. This required moving them in the configuration file, but the settings should be migrated from their old locations by the config_restore process.
  • 20161018B AVR firmware (max startup I sum)
  • Adds the ability to save PNG images and CSV data of the live graph

hN9Fl5t.png

nOHMQCk.png

The background color of the image is controlled by the #download CSS background-color and can be overridden by the user CSS, but it defaults to the same color as the #content area (blue). Whatever is displayed on the graph is saved, so modifying the scale or selecting a region in the timeline can be used to snip a portion of a larger graph. The CSV is affected by the scale, but does not support snipping (at this time). This is also added to the archive graph view.

Adds the ability to save PNG images and CSV data of the live graph
Man, no love for this? It might be more interesting to know that this feature started like 3 or 4 years ago but web browsers couldn't do what I wanted to do. What I needed was the ability to pop open a "Save file as..." dialog like you get when you have as file to download, except the file is actually generated in the browser, not on the server. I figured certainly there is a need for this functionality, so I am sure this is just around the corner for browsers to add. Adding the "download" attribute to a data-uri href now has some support in browsers, but obviously I couldn't rely on that because I think many users don't use the latest greatest browsers.

A few months ago I suddenly had the idea "What if I just generated the file in the browser, uploaded the file to the device, then had the device spit the file back as an attachment for download?!". Seemed like a wasteful way to do it but it works for everyone. What I thought would be a 1 hour change ended up taking all day "What do you mean not all browsers support Content-Transfer-Encoding in HTTP?!" "Why is there an 8KB limit for POST variables in LuCI?!" and so on. It was worth it to get it off my todo list, although I wish there were an easier way to add all the "Share on... [Facebook, G+, Instagram, Imgur, etc]" buttons as well without having to implement a giant separate API for each of them which is complicated because I need to upload an image to share, not a link. Maybe somewhere down the road this will be added.

Anyway! The reason I am posting is because new snapshot posted today. This fixes the inability to enable email / sms / push / setpoint alarm events that was broken in the last snapshot.

Hey, you may have this fixed by now. But I ran into a bug where probes aren't gettting enabled (and maybe disabled - didn't try that since I am using the two that are already enabled). My best guess after rummaging through the code a bit is that the changes to the alarms/lua section you are making probably fudged it. Since I've got no idea how the lua stuff works, and you are messing with the code anyways I figured you could fix it in a flash, or already did so compared to me fumbling.

But I ran into a bug where probes aren't gettting enabled (and maybe disabled - didn't try that since I am using the two that are already enabled)
Can you provide a bit more information, I haven't seen this. You mean on the config page you set a probe to disabled and hit save and it doesn't disable? I have't messed with that at all in a long time and the only thing that would cause that is some sort of breakdown in the RPC mechanism, which should be stable now. If you can give me steps to reproduce I will see what I can do.

Can you provide a bit more information, I haven't seen this. You mean on the config page you set a probe to disabled and hit save and it doesn't disable? I have't messed with that at all in a long time and the only thing that would cause that is some sort of breakdown in the RPC mechanism, which should be stable now. If you can give me steps to reproduce I will see what I can do.

While debugging further I think I found the problem... me. The probe I was using apparently went out on me from the last time I used it to now. Because I was actively cooking my dinner and didn't want to mess with it I didn't shuffle too much. I plugged in my known working probe to the malfunctioning ports and they all behaved as expected - enabled and reading fine. I didn't remember it showing as off when a probe wasn't hooked in - is that new?

Either way disaster averted, call off the dogs, send the clean up crew home. Nothing to see here folks.

Forgive my dumb question.....

So you take the openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2710-rpi-3-ext4-sdcard.img and toss is on a uSD card and boot up the RPi and configure my Pi3?

Back