Healthy Supper (well....almost)

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
My wife, Tonya, really likes B/S chicken breast so we cook quite a few of them. In addition, we are trying to eat a little healthier. So I was browsing the "healthy grilling" forum and came across Dave's recipe for Balsamic chicken. Tonight I used the marinade on some BSCB (instead of Boneless, skinless thighs as the recipe calls for). Link to the recipe is found here: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?41636-Easy-weeknight-balsamic-chicken-recipe

Okay, well here it is:

Here's the "almost" part:
Baby carrots in the cast iron skillet with butter and brown sugar. Was planning to cook these on the grill but was getting hungry so decide to go ahead and start them on the stovetop while the coal was getting ready.

Chicken almost done

Served with dinner salad w/home-made balsamic vinegarette dressing and baked red potatoes

Chicken was still pretty juicy on the inside (woohoo!)

A really good almost healthy meal!
Thanks for taking a look!

Good job on the chicken. I have such a hard time keeping b/s chicken breast from drying out on the grill. I recently started making split chicken breast because they're more forgiving.

It's really unfortunate that a natural food like butter has gotten a bad reputation for false reasons. You made a simple, tasty, healthy meal with quality ingredients and no unhealthy processed crap. And did it for less cost than going to a fast food joint.

Beautiful everything Russell, including photos!

If you remember, I have family in BA, OK.
Saw it was 4 there this morning?
Stay warm down there!

Back