Heads up Minnesotans: I'm giving away a rare Weber 5000 for restore or parts

Stop it guys. I would have a hard time passing on that if it was near me, but Twin Cities are almost 4 hours one way. And I don't really have any reason to combine the trip with.

That looks like a prime pickup though. I even see the serving tray on the left side shelf.

Okay...... I'm a bit baffled..... Whats with the hole between the front burner knob and the ignitor? I can't say I've seen that before....

It is a safety device that shuts off gas flow if the flames go out. That hole is a button you press when you first ignite the grill until the thermocouple gets hot enough to keep the safety device open. They are problematic and many owners simply disable them. And that is probably the reason weber doesn't use them any longer.

Yep, the "Flame Check" was bypassed, hence the empty hole. I wanted to leave it but it wasn't reliable for starting. She's rough but ready for someone to give her the love she deserves.

I’ve got a buddy with a BIG van in Minneapolis right now and I AM tempted!

No, no, NO! I have too many other projects but, I will be mulling that over for an hour or so.
Then, I’ll have dinner and fall asleep!

I’ve got a buddy with a BIG van in Minneapolis right now and I AM tempted!

No, no, NO! I have too many other projects but, I will be mulling that over for an hour or so.
Then, I’ll have dinner and fall asleep!
Do it! It's hitting the metal recycler in a week if no one claims it. Save it!

Frame is as solid as you could expect from a 30 yr old grill. Hardly any rust. More pictures in the for sale area here. Needs grates but has SS flavorizer bars.

I'm leaving on a several day road trip through WI, MI, into PA, back through IL to
Stop it guys!

How’s the frame? More pictures?
This fence is killing my backside!

<big evil grin> I'll be running right past Kzoo a week from Monday.......

I'm leaving on a several day road trip through WI, MI, into PA, back through IL to

<big evil grin> I'll be running right past Kzoo a week from Monday.......
Minnesota, not Michigan. Sorry dude. You're not THAT far off though...

Edit: Ope, I see your FROM our great state and offering to drop it off. That's awesome.

Last edited:
I live halfway between St. Paul and Rochester. If somebody along my route is interested, I could pick it up this weekend. Long road trip across WI, Da YooPee, across the Bridge and south to Erie, PA. Back through southern MI, IN, IL, back up into WI and home again.
Are you going to be anywhere near O'Hare airport?

If you will be coming through Wisconsin on I90/94, I am just off the interstate and would happily take it off your hands at that point. Just north of Wisconsin Dells.

Back