Happy National Cheeseburger Day!!!

DH has some delicious looking pork chops that have been marinating since last night planned for dinner tonight, soo, he went to
McDonalds and brought home cheeseburgers and onion rings for lunch. Anybody else celebrating the National Holiday?

Wife made cheesebugers last night also I hate to say this being honest they just don't to me taste as good as when you get them in a restaurant and we don't buy cheap meat. Get it don't cost the same but they don't taste the same either.

Wife made cheesebugers last night also I hate to say this being honest they just don't to me taste as good as when you get them in a restaurant and we don't buy cheap meat. Get it don't cost the same but they don't taste the same either.

I like the variety of the burgers in a restaurant but for a straight up cheeseburger, or bacon cheeseburger I haven't found a local restaurant that I like better than the ones I cook.

I've been buying costco's frozen 1/3 pound Angus ground chuck and beef 75% patties, and I've been cooking them from frozen, on the gas grill ( genny E330 ) with a shake of Montreal seasoning.

I preheat the grill to screaming hot and put the frozen burgers over direct heat on high. I leave them alone until the fat dripping off catches fire, then I turn them 90 degrees which causes a good amount of flare up. L leave them in the fire for 10 to 15 seconds and then flip to an indirect part of the grill and close the lid. I'll add cheese after a couple of mins then shut off the grill and let the burgers "rest" while the cheese melts.

Not trying to boast but IMO these are as good as any of the higher end places serving burgers around me.

1695077166532.png

Honestly I just threw out a bunch of those. Not impressed. Originally I'd bought for my dad, but then when he went to asst living facility I ended up taking them home. Tried making a few. MEH. Tossed in the trash

Honestly I just threw out a bunch of those. Not impressed. Originally I'd bought for my dad, but then when he went to asst living facility I ended up taking them home. Tried making a few. MEH. Tossed in the trash

Ok, fair enough .Maybe your local ground beef is better than out here.

I'm curious when you cooked them, id the burgers catch on fire ? not trying to make this sound like burger king, but the flames when these flare up contribute to the flavor.

Ok, fair enough .Maybe your local ground beef is better than out here.

I'm curious when you cooked them, id the burgers catch on fire ? not trying to make this sound like burger king, but the flames when these flare up contribute to the flavor.
Oh yeah they made lots of fire. Actually the taste was not so bad it was the absolutely awful texture of the meat. Grainy, full of gristle and basically totally unpleasant to eat because of that awful texture. If it wasn't for that I would have kept them and even eaten the ones I made. I grilled them up on the Wolf BTW and that puts out fierce heat. Which was necessary due to how thin they are and I also did them from frozen so as not to over cook the inside. The Wolf gave great char (and yes even lines thanks to those heavy 3/8" rod grates from Dave Santana). It was just crappy meat. OTOH I will occasionally buy the Prime Rib Sliders from Sam's. We freeze them and when I do the same thing I get a good burger.

I like the variety of the burgers in a restaurant but for a straight up cheeseburger, or bacon cheeseburger I haven't found a local restaurant that I like better than the ones I cook.

I've been buying costco's frozen 1/3 pound Angus ground chuck and beef 75% patties, and I've been cooking them from frozen, on the gas grill ( genny E330 ) with a shake of Montreal seasoning.

I preheat the grill to screaming hot and put the frozen burgers over direct heat on high. I leave them alone until the fat dripping off catches fire, then I turn them 90 degrees which causes a good amount of flare up. L leave them in the fire for 10 to 15 seconds and then flip to an indirect part of the grill and close the lid. I'll add cheese after a couple of mins then shut off the grill and let the burgers "rest" while the cheese melts.

Not trying to boast but IMO these are as good as any of the higher end places serving burgers around me.

View attachment 79401
Dad’s Kitchen. From triple D many years ago.

No burgers for me yesterday. I prefer fresh beef patties over frozen ones. The only frozen burgers I like are Butterball Seasoned turkey burgers. If you never had them they are definitely worth trying. I keep some stocked in the freezer at all times for a quick burger fix. They taste great with swiss cheese, a little bbq sauce and a toasted pretzel roll.

DH has some delicious looking pork chops that have been marinating since last night planned for dinner tonight, soo, he went to
McDonalds and brought home cheeseburgers and onion rings for lunch. Anybody else celebrating the National Holiday?
Still working on leftover pork loin, cooked on the pellet pooper Saturday. Will be going to our local brew pub for lunch today, so doing a belated celebration. Great selection of gourmet burgers there. Thinking bacon & blue cheese sounds good or, maybe a patty melt.

The bacon and blue does sound good. My local place has this one gonna try it the next time have not had it yet.

CHATTAHOOCHEE
Bacon, smoked Gouda, sautéed onions, fried pickles, smoky BBQ mayo

I had a free Freddie's original double. They had it on their app in honor of National Cheeseburger Day. It was tasty.

Back