Grilling corn?

Corn on the cobb, butter, kosher salt, mayo, hot sauce your favorite. After you have buttered your corn add the mayo, hot sauce and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese delish.

My favorite is to prep with a little blended oil and BBQ rub then straight on the grate over medium heat.

Corn_zps1eb44c4d.jpg

Shucked and grilled with a little char. Smear with chipotle mayo. I like my wife to make the mayo so she can't say I put too much chipotle in it.

A little late to the game here, but this is what I do every time...

IMG_1305.jpg

...pull each individual part of the husk down, remove the silk, pull everything back up and then grill. When finished, I break the end of the stalk off, pulling off the husk and then apply various "toppings" if so inclined. Usually, well cooked corn, like well cooked meats, don't need extra "accoutrements!" :)

It's funny that there were no "cooking" photos on this thread...

I do mine with EVOO, butter and seasoning of your liking. Just play with it and have fun.;)

1. With a scissors clip off the husk hangers and the silk at the tip

2. Place indirect on the grill

3. When husks are crispy brown, they are done

4. Pull back husks to form handle

5. Wipe off silk with dry paper towel

6. Ghetto-rub a stick of butter onto the hot kernels (do not do the dysfunctional pat of butter ballet)

7. Add a sprinkle of kosher salt

8. Enjoy one of the gifts of summer

This is what grilling and BBQ is all about different strokes for different folks, I strip half the husk, soak and over direct heat until the husk has a char, the freshness of the corn counts also, just my 2 cents

I basically do it the same way I make corn on the camp fire that my dad taught me. I just shuck it, wrap it in foil with butter, salt, pepper then grill it until the foil has some brown/black spots. The result is perfectly moist corn that has already been seasoned and slathered in butter. You can also do things like add lime juice and paprika to mix up the flavors.

That's pretty much how I've been preparing it except I've been using evoo in the foil with garlic salt and powder. Comes out pretty good, was just curious about throwing it on as is.

I was reading somewhere that you can leave corn in the husk and soak in sugar water for an hour or two. Then put on smoker for an hour or two. Have not tried it yet.

I peel back the husks, remove the silk and any loose husk. Then I lightly rub with butter and hit them with a little salt. I then fold back the husks and tie with butcher string at the top. I grill them for 20-30 minutes whereby the outer husks are almost black. they shrink down a bit and you can see the corn turning a grilled and charred brown. Using my heat resistant gloves, I strip off the charred husks before serving. I got lots of compliments on the outcome.

Last edited:

Back