Grilled Swordfish with Pimentón Aioli

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Some nice fresh swordfish was on sale today, so that's what was on the menu for tonight. I found a recipe on the NY Times website that looked pretty interesting, and I just happened to have all the ingredients for it. The swordfish came out pretty good, and I'd definitely use this recipe again. Thanks to all for stopping by!

Started off with some good quality smoked Spanish paprika, aka pimentón, and first made the seasoning paste with the pimentón, salt, pepper, and finely minced garlic. Next I made the aioli to serve as the sauce by mixing some mayonnaise, pimentón, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and lemon juice.

Here are a couple shots of the swordfish steaks, unseasoned and rubbed with the seasoning paste. Action shots are also shown below, with the night photo of the grill providing me with an unpleasant reminder that the days are getting shorter and shorter.

And finally, the plated photo.

Two thumbs up from Virginia! Great looking swordfish with perfect grill marks.

Thanks Jerome. I usually cover my swordfish with mayo and now have a new seasoning to try. Good pictures.
Ray

Now you're hitting me where it hurts :). I so LOVE swordfish. Great looking plate. Fish monger here I come!

Whoa...those grill marks are perfectly awesome. I love swordfish, and now I won't be able to get it out of my mind until I buy some. Thanks.......I think. :)

Back