Greetings from the Ozarks

Jeff F

TVWBB Super Fan
Glad I found this forum, seems like a great bunch of like-minded folks. I've enjoyed grilling for about 40 years and barbecuing for about 15. In the early 90s I got one of the very early gas-lit Performers. I loved that grill and sometimes regret selling it. I used to have an annual sales meeting where I cooked for a crowd and bought a couple Bar-B-Kettles that got used once a year for 3 or 4 years. I gave one to a nephew a couple years ago, but I still have one that I take out of hibernation every once in a while. When not it use, it gets cleaned up, taken apart and put back in the factory carton. I do most of my cooking on a Medium sized Big Green Egg that I bought in 1999. In 2008 I bought a Large BGE that I use for turkeys, multiple pork butts, ribs and paella...basically anything that won't fit in the Medium, which isn't all that much.

I haven't owned a gas grill for 25 years, but I'm about to give myself permission to get one for quick evening meals through the week. I'm leaning toward a Weber Q series, and that's how I found this forum. Looks like a solid, versatile little grill that I could use and put away. Seems to be more popular in England and Australia than it is here.

Anyway, that's why I showed up here...to learn about the Q...but it's nice to find a community of outdoor cooks without the snobbiness that I encounter on the BGE forums. It's all smoke, fire and animal muscle...what you put it in doesn't matter, just how you treat it.

Welcome Jeff, I didn't read your post, I need the cliff notes version :)

But anyone from the Ozarks is family in my books

Welcome Jeff. The Ozarks eh. Got any good tips on grillin and smokin some possum and squirrel? Well g'day and have a beauty one.

Back