Got my new One Touch 26 but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John L.

TVWBB Member
So I got my One Touch Gold 26 today. Everything looked good while I assembled it in the garage since it was raining like heck out. When I was done I noticed two things - one of the legs that connects to the wheels is bent and there is a severe dent in the lid, plus the lid doesn't sit right. I've already called Weber and it sounds like the lids are on backorder until 5 July. Nothing serious enough to prevent me from using the grill, but geez is that disappointing. So long as they make it right...

Don't worry John, and congratulations on the new 26er! Mine was a little out of round, but I agree with what the great Jim Lampe professed. "It's the nature of the beast". Cook on it and Enjoy it!

It's problbly because they had to send me two lids and one bottom before they were not dinged. The lid that came packed the worst was the one without any dings. But Weber stuck by thier products, replaced no questions asked.

I went through two lids and bottoms on my 26 before I received two that weren't damaged.

The 26 that came from Amazon was damaged, and then the replacements from Weber were damaged. lol

Got home from work tonight to find two boxes from Weber. Looks like they had a lid to send me after all, and the second box would be the leg. Haven't unboxed them yet. Hoping for perfection!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John L.:
Got home from work tonight to find two boxes from Weber. Looks like they had a lid to send me after all, and the second box would be the leg. Haven't unboxed them yet. Hoping for perfection! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gotta give us pics when you get it together! Congratulations!

John-
How did you end up making out with the replacement parts? I just brought home a OTG 26.75', got lucky in that all was exactly as it should be, but have read your posts and others so I didn't know what to expect when I unboxed it.
Only got to cook on it once, left for a business trip the day after I got it
Good luck with yours

Hi Marc,

So even though Weber said the lid was b/o, I ended up getting the new leg and lid about a week later. It's a much better fit, and it's round and blemish free. The only issue with the new lid is the exhaust vent isn't a tight as it should be. I need to get some help from the wife to hold that in place over my vise while I smack that rivet once or twice and tighten it up a bit. Sometimes I forget to check it after opening the lid and it ends up closed. The old lid went in the box in case I need it some day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back