Genesis Silver B - SCORE

G Savrnoch

TVWBB Super Fan
Genesis Silver B - Score

Well I've been watching the local classifieds for a good deal on a older but cared for Genny - and it came up last night, picked it up this morning.

It was a few bucks more than some of the others listed but it much better condition.

The lid and control panel are nice, just the sides could use some touch up
AB82BCEB-8FED-4DC8-B3D2-2AB472F72FF5_zpspozclxo1.jpg

Grates in good shape, just a cleaning needed. The two warming racks are in place but rusty.
348BCF62-299A-4528-A4C1-59D826E63BC3_zpshxar2b9w.jpg

The FBs are not bad, some of the lower edges are showing some serious rust through, so likely replace them.
0BDC9CC8-B073-405C-B12B-6C38A2E2CA68_zpsbgmkyrg4.jpg

Igniter box is risked through/crumbling it will need replacing although it was still sparking.
F2B93647-6BCB-457A-A34D-A57098B746D1_zpsoepl4kyn.jpg

At first I thought I might buy this, fix/clean it up and then sell it, but now I'm thinking I LIKE IT and may put a few bucks into it to make it healthy again and put it on my patio. The handle is cool, never seen one but it has lights built into it, assume it's a Weber option???

Last edited:
Looks nice. The handle is offered on e-bay I'm on my second one, beware the end caps break due to the pressure of the battery springs. High temp BBQ black paint will make it look like new. Have fun with it!

Just looked last night, 3 C bats per side, must add some weight to the handle too.

Thanks for tip on spring pressure, I wonder if clipping/shortening the spring may help i.e. less pressure when loaded.

The FBs are not bad, some of the lower edges are showing some serious rust through, so likely replace them.

0BDC9CC8-B073-405C-B12B-6C38A2E2CA68_zpsbgmkyrg4.jpg

At first I thought I might buy this, fix/clean it up and then sell it, but now I'm thinking I LIKE IT and may put a few bucks into it to make it healthy again and put it on my patio. The handle is cool, never seen one but it has lights built into it, assume it's a Weber option???

No need to replace the flavorizer bars as they're the SS variety. While you won't see the shiny steel again, just hit them with a wire brush and/or sandpaper and start grilling up some greasy burgers to season them.

Weber did come with a handle/light combo like that as illustrated in this schematic. (which very well might be your grill)
http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?model=2281698

I believe a couple of years later, the models with the right side swing up table were the Premium models. As in, Genesis Silver C Premium. I ended up installing a right side table on my Silver C and really like having the extra table space. I think you'll be more than happy with the CL score. :)

Back